cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie with questions

tag
phoenyx

Newbie with questions

Hello! I'm in the process of cleaning up my CR. I'm down to the last couple thousand and can see the light! How long will it take for me to see an increase in my FICO score? I am fully aware that this is a very lengthy marathon and not a sprint but I am just curious Smiley Happy Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie with questions

Depends on what type of baddies you're dealing with. How about a summary, so others can see the damage, and input on your situation?

Message 2 of 4
dodfire
Valued Contributor

What does your report look like...? Good and Bad.

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Some things about collections, if you have them......

Paying a collection is not help a credit score, but it does help when lenders see it on a manual review that a debt is paid.

Paid is the same as unpaid, $5 debt the same as $5K debt. Recent collections can hurt a FICO by 80-100pts in the beginning,then they tend to hurt less and less as time going on.
I would suggest working on the most recent CA first, because they are the ones hurting your CS the most.

The OC and a CA can both report on the same debt.When a OC reports a past due debt, it dings your CS(credit score).
Then if a CA reports on the same debt, it ding your CS even more.

Debts are either assigned to a CA or sold.If assigned the OC still owns the debt.
If sold, the OC changes the balance to $0 and the CA is the one you have to deal with.

If you have unpaid CA's , look at using the PFD Letter and on the paid CA's try using the G W letter.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.