cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly married with terrible credit, help?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newly married with terrible credit, help?

@Onthe27thday wrote:

Round of applause for your commitment. I'll take your advice! At this point, it can't hurt Smiley Happy Thank you for your help, wish me luck! 

Good luck to you Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your recent marriage and your work on your cr.

Another thing I noticed is that you have balances showing on all your current credit cards. They seem like low balances, which is great. But as other have mentioned on these boards, it seems that your scores improve if you only have one card reporting a balance and the others reporting $0 balance. 

Keep up the good work. As others have said, time is your friend.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 12 of 13
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

Thank you, for both your congrats and your advice Smiley Happy Believe it or not, it's the first time that I've read to leave only one card with a balance and the others 0. That's a great top! I will pay them tomorrow. Does it matter which I leave the balance on? I suppose the one with the lowest interest rate.. ? Thank you again for your help!

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.