cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas ca

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I checked Equifax through Quizzle and got the correct spelling on that report.......

Struck out on all the "Cart Tricks" I tried.....

So I assume thats a good indication of Kohls? 

I was going to apply in store.....I've heard that there is a better chance to get approved that way.....

I only want a 3rd card for now cause my score will jump up almost 20 points according to several websites.

If you can't get Victoria's Secret because of your credit then most likely you will strike out at Kohl's as Victoria's Secret is known for giving credit to anybody with a pulse

It could be a technical glitch keeping you from getting the card and in that case it is not an indicator of Kohls.  Your scores are very borderline approval for Kohl's from what I've seen.  You're about 20-30 points too low in my guestimation

If you can afford it, get another Secured card... BofA or USBank (they have a Harley Davidson version with no annual fee).  That gets you in with a prime lender even with a secured card

If you do a BofA secured card, deposit as much as possible in the initial deposit, they are difficult to increase limits on afterwards because BofA does a Hard Pull to increase your limit.  The good side is they will often graduate your card to unsecured after 12 months (sometimes 9).  When you get your money back then, you will have an unsecured card with a prime bank so it's good to deposit as much as you can afford to sit around for a year as that will be your new unsecured limit after a year

Okay, So I got the Victorias Secret Card......Lol, Full Grown Man with this card.....At least I can buy my wife things and it works at Bath and Body works....

Im actually shocked at how this is going.....

This is the 4th thing (if you count FingerHut) that I've been approved for........Kohls and Gas and that's it.....

That would Bring me to:

-Cap One Secured 235.00

-Credit One Secured 300.00

-Victoria Secret 250.00

Obviously, I'm not in the big leagues of unsecured cards with 5,000 limits....But I should feel pretty good about this right?

Message 11 of 14
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas ca

Youre making progress. Yes , you should feel good about this.  You should get in the Garden for at least 6 months.  Use that time to read this forum and learn during your free time. Make a plan for when you exit the garden and execute it when the time comes.  Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditwiser wrote:

Youre making progress. Yes , you should feel good about this.  You should get in the Garden for at least 6 months.  Use that time to read this forum and learn during your free time. Make a plan for when you exit the garden and execute it when the time comes.  Good luck.

Yeah I just got denied for the Kohls Card and Walmart......So I think I will have to be good for a few months.....

I was kind of bummed about Kohls but that time will come.......

I've already got 5 months of 100% Payments on the Capital One...So According to Score Trackers I should see another boost here shortly.

I also have multiple inquiries falling off in 05/15.....

I'm not in a financial position to start dealing with collections......I only have 3 active......However, I can spend some money on these cards to keep the reporting going strong.....

Any other advice......From what I gather being in the "Garden" just means taking care of the cards I have now......???

Message 13 of 14
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Exactly. Stay put and take care of what you have. The rest will fall in place.  Its a drag, no doubt about it. Especially when you read about others apping for TL's and receiving them. You have to remember though that staying in the garden is what helps your accounts age and report. This in turn will help your score. Soon the INQ's will have less effect on your score and will fall off after 2 years. 

It was difficult at first but after the first month of gardening had past, it got easier.  I joke about how much it sucks on other threads but its where I belong and I know its for the best.  Stay put and your day will come. You will enjoy it that much more and you will be able to come on here and boast about your next successful app Smiley Wink   Dont take my word for it though, take the words of the many in here who are in the garden and making the progress theyre seeking. Never a better time in your life to learn and excerize patience!   Good luck.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.