cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas card.

Hello Forum:

So I'm in the process of cleaning up my credit and it seems like I'm getting approved for things and according to the various "Score Planners" on websites my score will take a dramatic increase upwards if I add a 3rd card......

Currently, I have:

-Capital One Secured Credit Card (235.00 Limit, 20% Util) 4 Month 100% Payments (Says I will jump up even more after 6 months of payments on time)

-Credit One Bank Secured Credit Card (300 Limit 0% Util, haven't recieved the card yet)

-Approved for Fingerhut "Fresh Start Program (After 6 months will turn into a regular revolving account)

Scores:

TU: 595-601 Depending on where I'm looking

EQ: 595

Exp: 542

Income: 45k-50k depending on overtime and such

I really could use a clothes store card and I was thinking of Kohls since it's issued by Capital One....Would this help me seeing that I already have the secured card.

I also would like a gas card too......

Obviously, I'm stopping at 3.....

Any feedback would be helpfiul....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas ca

I'd suggest a gas card rather than a clothes card - just personal preference.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Step....Apply for a 3rd Card? Just Keep Paying On-Time? Need a clothes store card or gas ca

If you're looking for a clothing card you might want to look into the Shopping Cart trick, search it here as there is plenty of info on it and with your scores I see no reason you wouldn't get a couple of them.  

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im honestly looking for the one that's the easiest to obtain lol.....

I can use them equally.

Do I have an advantage with Kohls since I already have the secured card with the issuing bank?

Are my scores/income within reason of obtaining them......

I want to get the tradelines going to report the good behavior and come the 1st I will begin to work on the "Baddies" from several years ago.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're looking for a clothing card you might want to look into the Shopping Cart trick, search it here as there is plenty of info on it and with your scores I see no reason you wouldn't get a couple of them.  

Yeah I've looked into the shopping cart trick and the problem is with each of the 3 major CB's my name is slightly Different (All varations of my legal name.....Middle Initial included or not etc).

I've Tried:

-Buckle

-Express

-Victoria Secret

No Pop Ups......

So I'm not sure if this is a good indication that I'll get denied at kohls. 

I only want to try this a few more times, so I want to go with whatever the highest chance of getting approved is.....

From other websites, My score is right in the range of being approved for Kohls and others......

Just not sure what to do.....

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victoria Secret is probably the easiest to get of the Cart trick cards.

Make sure your address is correct.  Check your reported address, Quizzle/Credit Karma, etc.

I believe the soft pulls are from Equifax so try to match that name and address

Sit tight with those until at least your 6 month mark.  

Don't waste hard inquiries right now, you most likely won't get a gas card just yet.

For your Fingerhut, just buy something and make at least 3 payments before paying it off in the 4th payment and most likely you will move to the revolving credit early. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear J Crew is also a very easy one to obtain - might wanna try that too. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Victoria Secret is probably the easiest to get of the Cart trick cards.

Make sure your address is correct.  Check your reported address, Quizzle/Credit Karma, etc.

I believe the soft pulls are from Equifax so try to match that name and address

Sit tight with those until at least your 6 month mark.  

Don't waste hard inquiries right now, you most likely won't get a gas card just yet.

For your Fingerhut, just buy something and make at least 3 payments before paying it off in the 4th payment and most likely you will move to the revolving credit early. 

Yeah I checked Equifax through Quizzle and got the correct spelling on that report.......

Struck out on all the "Cart Tricks" I tried.....

So I assume thats a good indication of Kohls? 

I was going to apply in store.....I've heard that there is a better chance to get approved that way.....

I only want a 3rd card for now cause my score will jump up almost 20 points according to several websites.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah I checked Equifax through Quizzle and got the correct spelling on that report.......

Struck out on all the "Cart Tricks" I tried.....

So I assume thats a good indication of Kohls? 

I was going to apply in store.....I've heard that there is a better chance to get approved that way.....

I only want a 3rd card for now cause my score will jump up almost 20 points according to several websites.

If you can't get Victoria's Secret because of your credit then most likely you will strike out at Kohl's as Victoria's Secret is known for giving credit to anybody with a pulse

It could be a technical glitch keeping you from getting the card and in that case it is not an indicator of Kohls.  Your scores are very borderline approval for Kohl's from what I've seen.  You're about 20-30 points too low in my guestimation

If you can afford it, get another Secured card... BofA or USBank (they have a Harley Davidson version with no annual fee).  That gets you in with a prime lender even with a secured card

If you do a BofA secured card, deposit as much as possible in the initial deposit, they are difficult to increase limits on afterwards because BofA does a Hard Pull to increase your limit.  The good side is they will often graduate your card to unsecured after 12 months (sometimes 9).  When you get your money back then, you will have an unsecured card with a prime bank so it's good to deposit as much as you can afford to sit around for a year as that will be your new unsecured limit after a year

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I should just do Victoria Secret online? I can't afford another 300 secured card....I also read tgat u have to be opted in to get pre screened....I don't remember ever opting out though.....

I already went to the site and opted in.....

So you think im on the fence for kohls? I'm tempted to do it but don't want to be sad lol.

Maybe VS? Kohls and call it a day for 6 months....
(Than my scores should be higher from good payment history)....I can also apply for Capital One in 6 months.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.