Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Step Suggestions

tag
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Next Step Suggestions

So, my constant upswing seems to finally be happening. After months of ups and down, my credit is stabilizing. I know many of the swings were due to new credit which changed my a a a and high utilization. I am currently working on bringing my utilization down from 60% to under 50 then under 30. I have one collection on my report from Central Fin a ciao for 550 that I have not been able to get removed. I finally was able to get two recent medicals that popped up and I received a good 10 to 12 point jump. I am wondering if removing this one will yield the same or not. It is from 2011 so it will be there until 2018. Do they do partial pay delete offers? Or has anyone had them removed with medical dispute route? 

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next Step Suggestions

@reneasworld wrote:

So, my constant upswing seems to finally be happening. After months of ups and down, my credit is stabilizing. I know many of the swings were due to new credit which changed my a a a and high utilization. I am currently working on bringing my utilization down from 60% to under 50 then under 30. I have one collection on my report from Central Fin a ciao for 550 that I have not been able to get removed. I finally was able to get two recent medicals that popped up and I received a good 10 to 12 point jump. I am wondering if removing this one will yield the same or not. It is from 2011 so it will be there until 2018. Do they do partial pay delete offers? Or has anyone had them removed with medical dispute route? 

These are the steps I recommend for dealing with medical collections. I would be offering full payment if you are trying to get them removed.

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 6
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

These are the steps I recommend for dealing with medical collections. I would be offering full payment if you are trying to get them removed.

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment

Do you suggest in that order or just as different options?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@reneasworld wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@reneasworld wrote:

Do you suggest in that order or just as different options?  Thanks.

If this is unpaid those would be the steps to take (in order) you say that the wont removed so it sounds like you have already tried 2. I would then try 1

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, Central Financial Control was difficult to work with. They are the collection branch of Tenant Hospitals. I tried working with CFC, but eventually I contacted the director of the Business Office of the hospital (original creditor) and was able to have the acount recalled from the Central Financial Control. Then I paid the amount in full.
Message 5 of 6
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I think I will try the original hospital.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.