Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps with First Premiere Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Steps with First Premiere Bank

Hello! 

About a month ago, I sent a letter to first premier banks EO email (Julie) stating the inaccuracies in their credit reporting and asked for the removal of the tradeline. I received a letter about two weeks later stating they are reporting accurately and that they do not update or remove accurate information. I then sent a new letter, siting the exact inaccuracies along with multiple copies of my CR's showing the inaccuries. Well, to my demise, I received a letter today stating that, again, they did report accruately and would not remove accurate information. Where do I go from here? Do I file a BBB complaint? CFPB?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Steps with First Premiere Bank

Bump!
Message 2 of 21
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

What are the inaccuracies that they are reporting?
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date opened as well as the late payments. This method has worked for others so I'm not sure where to go from here.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had success with it. She said to wait 45 days for it to be deleted. Im at day 32 or 33 so far. Not sure why they wont remove yours?? My charge off was from 2013.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Did you pay it or no?
Message 6 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Was your letter clearly identified as a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), or was it only an informal request for deletion?

You need a resolved dispute before you can pursue civil action asserting inaccurate reporting.  See FCRA 623(c).

If they verify in response to a dispute, there is no formal procedure for appeal. 

Remedy is then to bring civil action, and get formal review of all the evidence by the court.

The BBB does not have authority to contest verification of a dispute, and the CFPB deals with administrative violations of the FCRA.

The CFPB does not normally pursue contested issues of fact between the parties, they pursue clealy established violations of the statute.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I look at it, it actually was not an official dispute and I have no idea why I didnt go that route.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed a similar complaint with CFPB. They forwarded it to the Federal Reserve who didn't do anything. The accounts are still on my reports.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I resubmitted the 623 direct dispute just now via email. Crosing my fingers.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.