Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps---

tag
guardmama04
New Contributor

Next Steps---

I am currently in the rebuilding process---since joining this site I have managed to get two baddies removed from LVN funding =) I currently have two open secure cards and have a score of 615 ()started at around 580)---I am attaching my actual credit information below...I am not sure what steps to take next? I would love to try and get another card that wasn't secured but not sure which way to go (will that be beneficial?), also I have sent some PFD letters out and got some responses from First premier (not willing to delete) so is this worth paying off it will still be on here? Also my jcpenny/Macy's are showing as $0 balances because they have been Charged off so what's my best bet for those? I really appreciate this forum it is helping me tremendously...would love to be in a house this summer. 

Fst Premie 9/2007$436Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Credit Card1 Progress 7/2012$28Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardCap One 10/2012$13Pays account as agreedNoDetails
OtherBrazvalsch XXXXXXXXXXXXX0001 10/2012$7,257Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Student/Education LoanFedloan XXXXXXXXXXXXX0002 9/2011$4,254Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Student/Education LoanFedloan XXXXXXXXXXXXX0001 9/2011$3,443Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Student/Education LoanSallie Mae XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0060 2/2006$2,450Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Student/Education LoanSallie Mae XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0060 2/2006$1,375Pays account as agreedThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherMidlandmcm 9/2009$986120+ days past dueNoDetails
OtherMacYsdsnb 9/2007$288Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherBrazvalsch XXXXXXXXXXXX0000 3/2011$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
OtherGecrb/Jcp 9/2007$0Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherCrdtonebnk 11/2007$0Bad debt/collectionThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next Steps---

I'd definitely focus on two things using your FICO report: 1) focus on the 6 baddies shown on your screenshot and any collections in the Collections section of that report, and 2) focus on the top 1-4 negative items listed within that FICO report (found on page 2). Your FICO report ranks the things that hurt the most from most damaging to least.

I would also suggest pulling your reports from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't done so recently, or buy one if you have. These reports contain much more info which will aid and guide you in your rebuilding journey. These reports will show drop off dates, DOFD, a full 7-yr history vs. FICO's 2, more contact info, etc.

JCP and Macys are showing a 2007 open date. You'll need to weigh these 5-yr old accounts in relation to your AAoA. Personally, I would GW JCP and send a PFD to Macys since it is unpaid.

Send GWs to Credit One too.

Keep sending PFDs to First Premier. If after a few attempts still result in No, then I'd just PIF and GW later. Paying it could help your FICO if a CL is showing and your util drops as a result. Same for Macys.

If you have $$$ set aside, send a DV to MCM. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

I don't know what's wrong with SMx2. If just late, send GWs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.