Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps

tag
felyasocal
New Contributor

Next Steps

Hi Everyone and Thank you in advance!

I've already posted on similar topics, but I've further down along the process of rebuilding and I just need some advice. Unfortunately, I am very impatatined and even more frustrated at this point

I currently have:

Car Lease ( About 7 months old )

Capital One Credit Card

Premier Bank Credit Card

American Express (AU)

GE\TJ Max Card (AU)

GE\Chevron Card (AU)

GE\Care Credit (AU)

I started rebuilding everyhing about 9 months ago. My scores have gone up from mid 500s, but are a bit stagnant right now. Currently range from 630 to 665. I am keeping my balances low and paying everything off monthly. I do however have some old baddies that have been driving me nuts. I have 4 credits cards that I settled on, I have 1 student loan that I am current on now, but previously was derogotory for a long time, and a paid off collection account. I've sent GWLs and will keep sending them. I've disputed, and will continue disputing. Hopefully one of these attempts will work, but nothing is helping right now.

My question: Is there anything I can do right now to move things along? Open up another credit card or perhaps another store card or has card, but under my name. I am just not sure if I should wait a few more months ( so they see a year of stable payments ) plus all the hard pulls will drop my credit score. So again, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

I just don't understand what else I have to do to get my sores closer to 700 and hopefully above. May be just time, but I honestly don't want to wait 7 years. I need to buy\lease another car and I am looking to buy a house in the next year. My income is good, but this damn credit history is driving up the walls. Never thought something like credit would almost depress me.

Thank you,

Felix

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next Steps

You have a an installment loan with the car and 2 CCs that are yours, the others you are AUs on.  That's plenty of TLs for the moment.  With those baddies, I'd continue the GW process and just garden for a bit.  I think you just need a little more time.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
felyasocal
New Contributor

Re: Next Steps

Thank you!

Its just really frustrating. I've been insanely good and dedicated for over a year and Im still stuck because of the baddies

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.