Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Steps?

I'm recently discharged from BK13 (April 4, 2017) and am in the process of rebuilding credit. I've had an OpenSky Secured Card for about the last 10 months. Just this week I was approved for a Discover IT Secured and opened it with a $200 deposit. I was also just approved and am awaiting my new Capital One Unsecured QuickSilver One card with a $3k limit. Two weeks ago we received an auto loan from Huntington Bank for around $37k @ 5.5%.

Open Accounts:
OpenSky Secured $300
Discover IT Secured $200
Capital One QS1 Unsecured $3,000
Auto Loan (Huntington) $37,000

My FICO scores are as follows:

Experian 601
Transunion 568
Equifax 659

My question is, what are my next steps? Do I need to look into opening any more accounts or do I just sit back, keep my utilization low, make my payments and wait? If I should open other accounts, why type of accounts should I be looking at? If not, how long do I need to sit back and wait before trying for other cards?

This whole rebuilding thing is brand new to me so any input would be appreciated!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Next Steps?

I'd sit back for a bit and see what your scores are in about 6 months or so. You already have a 3 revolving accounts and an instalment loan for a good credit mix.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Steps?

Thanks!  I'm definitely planning on building a good payment history over the next 6 months and more but wasn't sure if those couple of small secured cards were enough or if I need something with a higher limit to really make my history look good.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.