Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next Steps?

So I got a couple of things done today. 

Tried to GW the Rentdebt off with all three bureaus. Failed on all counts.

Called Suddenlink: Spoke with a very nice man who listened to my sob story and agreed to PFD!! I'm so grateful to him for this. (I also recorded the entire conversation, just in case) as well as the lady who pushed the payment through for me when I realized I'd cancelled my card earlier today.

Called Amsher: They want $548 for a debt that nobody seems to be able to find any information on. They gave me more than a dozen numbers to call, half of them disconnected, some for a company that USED to work with this debtor but does not any longer. Finally called that debtor and was told that I need to leave a message and have her call back. Same goes for one of the bigwigs at Amsher collection agency.

Still no clue what I can do about the lates on Nelnet. I refinanced the loan already on the incom-based plan, so I don't know if goodwill to get the lates removed would even be applicable.

Please help, someone. Smiley Sad 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone mind helping, please? The medical collections I'm A-OK on now, thanks to some very helpful PMs.

The Medical one will be removed soon. I'm disputing it now because it seems like nobody can locate it.  I requested debt validation over the phone.

Nolnet is a total bust. I'm screrf there. If I'd left my student loans in default, I could've done a rehab plan, but since I refinanced I cannot.

So: How do I go about getting them to GW the Rentdebt that's scheduled to fall off on 8-1-2017?

Once the medical and Rentdebt ones are gone, I'l be free of collections, albeit with a few lates.

Please, please, if you can offer any help with the rest of what's going on and what I should do, please, please let me know ASAP. I'm begging you. Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help. I'm desperate. :<

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't know about the medical, but if the RentDebt is scheduled to fall off in 2017, I would play hardball with them. It's quite amazing what persistence can accomplish. 

If you've called them/sent a letter for a GW delete and they refused, did they say why they refuse? Just last night I was reading an article about this very same thing and the take away was the more you're persistent and continue to send letters for a deletion the higher your chances go up. Google the company or try to find as many addresses as possible for the company currently holding/reporting the debt and sending a letter to each address. 

I'd make a note of saying that if it's scheduled to fall off of your credit report soon (8/2017) that they only stand to win some money if they agreed to PFD? If not, it's going to fall off anyway and they won't get a dime, so why wouldn't they?

In conclusion, BE PERSISTENT!

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate all the help that's been given, but I'm still in need here. :<

Ihaven't sent letters to RentDebt yet, but everyone I've spoken to absolutely reguses to do it because of company policy. I tried to EE them again today, and TU gave me a date on 1/1, Equifax 5/7, and Equifax laughed me off the phone basically.

I guess I just have to wait for the disputes to go through.

IMPORTANTLY: Should I raise my limit on my Discover secured card? Everything is saying that doing so would be a substantial point increase, as well as making a large payment on my student loans.

Lastly, and most iportantly; My student loans. I defaulted on them for a long time, and they were from the DoE directly. DoE sold them to Nelnet. Nelnet is reporting all of the lates, even the ones before the debt was sold/transferred, I refininced the loan, so there's a line for each loan showing lates, and one line for each showing they're in good standing. However, those are just the Nelnet entries.

The DoE is ALSO reporting those accounts on my credit report (which they shouldn't, since if an OC sells or transfers a debt they're required to no longer report), and not ony that, there's still lates showing on those closed/transferred account, meaning that for two loans, I have two refinanced in good standing with Nelnet, two with lates from Nelnet, and two showing as closed/transferred with the same lates on the Nelnet account showing on it.

This seems completely wrong to me. I could really, really use some help with those points. Please, I'm begging someone who knows what they're doing to lend a hand. Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this forum completely uninterested in helping newer people? I feel like my questions are being particuliarly ignored, and I could really use some help.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this forum completely uninterested in helping newer people? I feel like my questions are being particuliarly ignored, and I could really use some help.

Many people on this forum offer advise on a regular basis so yes we are willing to help not only new members but also those who have been here for a long time. Have you tried to rehab your student loans. Here is a link which might be helpful according to Google this took .51 seconds to locate. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjr9IOfmIXPAhWEFj4KHdlzDBgQFghQMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.studentdebtrelief.us%2Fknowledge-base%2Fstudent-loan-rehabilitation%2F&usg=AFQjCNG2TSEh-sUws2ts6Ek6GkoJSCGxbg&sig2=MnqQmuEGxwb5rQ8dbYJDNQ Often times the best lessons we learn are the ones discover ourselves.
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I said before. I cannot rehab my loans. I called and asked and they flat out said no. There are about another dozen questions that I've asked that have nothing to do with my loans. 

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As I said before. I cannot rehab my loans. I called and asked and they flat out said no. There are about another dozen questions that I've asked that have nothing to do with my loans. 

1) See what can be done about the RentDebt collection. It's due to delete in less than a year. Would it be possible to get this GW removed at all, preferrably from all three? I've tried calling and offering to settle for deletion, but they aren't biting. If anyone has other information about them and someone to send a letter to/call/email for a PFD/GW, please let me know. If you have already contacted them then you could ask to speak to someone in upper management about getting removed or wait for it to be removed. 2) HIPAA the medical collection(s). Anyone know the website I should go to for this information, so I get it right? Please PM it to me, if you wouldn't mind! Google the HIPAA Letter Process and follow it exactly as laid out. If you have problems finding the website or any questions PM me. 3) No idea what to do about the lates. Is there anything to be done, or am I doomed to have these on my report forever? I refinanced the loan 6 months ago and have been making payments, but those lates are showing like a horrible red mark on my reports. Also, should they be reporting twice each? One says it's from the Dept of Education, the other shows Nelnet. As the loan servicer/collections agency, shouldn't only Nelnet be showing anything on my report? Yes both can report if you were late before it was refinanced and then again after the refinace.  Paying off the loans and then goodwill letters may be your best way to go to get the lates removed. 4) Lastly, every simulator (I know, they're not trustworthy) is suggesting that two things would immediately improve my score; Make a payment on my student loans that brings them down below their original amounts (about $1200), since I paid basically nothing on them for years, and secondly, increase my credit limit. I know Discover will let me make a larger deposit to increase my available credit limit to $2500 max, which I an totally do right now, if it'd help.Simulator are often inaccurate as they only take into account a few of the many factors involved in what makes up your credit score.  If you look at my first response to your original post I offered my suggestion.  I hope this helps in you efforts to rebuild.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The loans were refinanced, but never late. They were originally from the US Department of Education, who then sold/transferred the debt entirely to Nelnet. I refinanced through nelnet and have been current since. That said, since the Dept of Edu no longer own the debt, they should not be reporting at all, only Nelnet. Additionally, those Dept of Edu lines are showing as closed and transferred, but still have derogatory lates that show on both those lines and the late Nelnet lines, so I'm being hit with double jeopardy

for the same lates.

In refards to your previous posts; I keep my card utilization under 10% at all times. I only keep any kind of balance on one card, and anytime I use the other card I pay it immediately. I also cannot rehab the student loans. They told me that, since I refinanced them, that was no longer an option, and they wouldn't remove the lates regardless.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.