cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next action: early deletion to or leave alone??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next action: early deletion to or leave alone??

Hey everybody,

Had a couple of questions.  I have a baddie from Chase for around $2700.  The reports all say it's derogatory/charge off.  Went for a mortgage in 2010 and had to pay off that debt in full to get approved.  The debt was sold to arrow, but most reports aren't reflecting that in the Chase file.  The account was closed in 2007 and the reports all say the last payment was August of 08.  Should I just go for an early deletion, try to get them to mark it as paid in full, or just leave it alone for now?

Also, when going for an early removal, is it better to call the bureau's or dispute online?  

If it is better to call, would anyone be able to PM me the phone numbers?

Thank you for any info.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next action: early deletion to or leave alone??

If you aren't going for a loan soon, why even bother? Just let it fall off. 

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would get it corrected.

Derog items aren't deleted from your credit file based on credit report exclusion, they are barred from appearing in normal credit reports.

I say normally because credit report exclusion is not absolute and in some cases the normally excluded info can still be viewed.

Getting the info corrected is always preferable, particularly if you wont be needing your score prior to resolution of the dispute.

I would file a direct dispute, citing the requirment under FCRA 623(a)(2) that any furnisher promptly update any information as needed to maintain its current accuracy.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the replies.  

I will be needing a car loan within the next couple of months.

Will filing the dispute restart the clock for another 7 years on this account?

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.