Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next course of action?

tag
SirTilus
Contributor

Next course of action?

Thanks to everyone in this awesome community, I am happy to report that I no longer have any open or closed collection items on TU and EQ. I do have 2 items on my EX which one of them is already coming off as I've recently received the confirmation from the CA, just havent seen the update on EX yet. The other one pending is close to falling off so I've decided not to poke the bear. Now I will garden with 3 CCs (by the way, how do I get them in my sig?), a fingerhut fresh start account (which hopefully graduates into a credit account) and an autoloan which I need to figure out how to refinance because the interest is killing me...moving on to 2016, I want to get my wife's credit in order and I've done a couple of PFDs and DVs which came out in our favor...now she has 9 different collection items from the same CA. SIMON's AGENCY (medical bills) from 2013. I assume they're for my daughter but I know ASSUMING is no good. We have health insurance and I know there are some out of pocket expenses sometimes but I do not recall any of these amounts...how should I proceed? The amounts from the EQ report show it totaling to about 2K. Can one CA have so many different items even though its the same company? I want to do a DV letter but I also want to call and speak someone...happy Monday!

Thanks in advance for your support!

KT

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next course of action?

@SirTilus wrote:

Thanks to everyone in this awesome community, I am happy to report that I no longer have any open or closed collection items on TU and EQ. I do have 2 items on my EX which one of them is already coming off as I've recently received the confirmation from the CA, just havent seen the update on EX yet. The other one pending is close to falling off so I've decided not to poke the bear. Now I will garden with 3 CCs (by the way, how do I get them in my sig?), a fingerhut fresh start account (which hopefully graduates into a credit account) and an autoloan which I need to figure out how to refinance because the interest is killing me...

moving on to 2016, I want to get my wife's credit in order and I've done a couple of PFDs and DVs which came out in our favor...now she has 9 different collection items from the same CA. SIMON's AGENCY (medical bills) from 2013. I assume they're for my daughter but I know ASSUMING is no good. We have health insurance and I know there are some out of pocket expenses sometimes but I do not recall any of these amounts...how should I proceed? The amounts from the EQ report show it totaling to about 2K. Can one CA have so many different items even though its the same company? I want to do a DV letter but I also want to call and speak someone...happy Monday!

Thanks in advance for your support!

KT

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Each procedure or doc visit is typically considered a new account, why i dont know and IMO it certainly is ridiculous that a person does not have a combined account with a doctor or institution.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concerning the medical collections google the HIPPA Letter process by Why Chat before doing anything else follow the process exactly as it is laid out.  If you have any problems finding the website or have questions just PM me.

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Concerning the medical collections google the HIPPA Letter process by Why Chat before doing anything else follow the process exactly as it is laid out.  If you have any problems finding the website or have questions just PM me.

Lets remember all we can do is suggest that it be googled and contact its creator and leave it at that. We dont want to get anymore into it than that as this site is under a C&D by WhyChat himself on discussing it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.