Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step? GW letters?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step? GW letters?

Building my credit up after a bad case of young-and-irresponsible. I currently have three CCs, all in good standing, all with <10% utilization. Just got two (and a CLI on the one I had) last month; was denied a Barklay's card because they want to see more history of on-time payments (the one CC I've had has a total of 13 late payments on it; many of them date back to when I got the card in 2012; the most recent one is from 13 months ago), so I'm gardening for at least six months. I'm in grad school, so my student loans are deferred. I have an auto loan with Capital One, good standing, never late.

My semi-long-term goal is to buy a house in three to four years; I have one more year of grad school left, and a job waiting for me when I graduate.

My issue at the moment is with medical collection accounts. Depending on which report I look at, I have between nine and 11 medical collections on my record, spread between four CAs (one CA has just one account; two CAs have two accounts each; the fourth CA has six accounts), to the tune of about $2000 total. I paid them all in full last month (some of the bureaus are not even registering them as paid yet); there was no point in disputing them, as they are definitely mine. I did ask three of the four CAs if they would do a PFD, and was denied, so I just paid the things to get them paid. One will fall off next year; the rest (held by the three CAs) are due to drop in 2020.

So, now what? I'm tempted to just ignore the one that falls of next year, as it falls off next year, and it's for a whopping $96 - at this point, it's just not doing a lot of damage. Do I write GW letters to the other three CAs? I've not seen any success in the forums with GWs with these particular CAs. Not sure the HIPAA process will work with accounts I paid. Advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next step? GW letters?

@Anonymous wrote:

Building my credit up after a bad case of young-and-irresponsible. I currently have three CCs, all in good standing, all with <10% utilization. Just got two (and a CLI on the one I had) last month; was denied a Barklay's card because they want to see more history of on-time payments (the one CC I've had has a total of 13 late payments on it; many of them date back to when I got the card in 2012; the most recent one is from 13 months ago), so I'm gardening for at least six months. I'm in grad school, so my student loans are deferred. I have an auto loan with Capital One, good standing, never late.

My semi-long-term goal is to buy a house in three to four years; I have one more year of grad school left, and a job waiting for me when I graduate.

My issue at the moment is with medical collection accounts. Depending on which report I look at, I have between nine and 11 medical collections on my record, spread between four CAs (one CA has just one account; two CAs have two accounts each; the fourth CA has six accounts), to the tune of about $2000 total. I paid them all in full last month (some of the bureaus are not even registering them as paid yet); there was no point in disputing them, as they are definitely mine. I did ask three of the four CAs if they would do a PFD, and was denied, so I just paid the things to get them paid. One will fall off next year; the rest (held by the three CAs) are due to drop in 2020.

So, now what? I'm tempted to just ignore the one that falls of next year, as it falls off next year, and it's for a whopping $96 - at this point, it's just not doing a lot of damage. Do I write GW letters to the other three CAs? I've not seen any success in the forums with GWs with these particular CAs. Not sure the HIPAA process will work with accounts I paid. Advice?

We cant discuss any details of the HIPAA Process on myFico but you can contact its creator. At this point your only shot is getting GW removals of the TLs being that they are medical some lenders will overlook that fact. You do want them to update to paid status so they can actually begin to age in Ficos eyes. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.