Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step and next card

tag
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Re: Next step and next card

My scores and cards are in my siggy, how in the world did Cap 1 deny me for both a CLI and a venture one card? You're approved with far lower scores. I have one baddy and it's only in EQ and TU. It's also five years old. Congrats on your success where I've failed lol

REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I could think of is that I have used my cap1 card a lot and never been late on a payment, in fact I charge my cards up multiple times a month. Started with a secured, 6 months later got the QS1, 6 months later CLI on QS1, 6 months later another CLI on QS1 and I called and got it upgraded to a regular QS, 2 months after that I apped and got approved for the Venture. 

Since getting it I used that QS1 as my main card running $2500-$4000 through it and paid in full every month.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I could think of is that I have used my cap1 card a lot and never been late on a payment, in fact I charge my cards up multiple times a month. Started with a secured, 6 months later got the QS1, 6 months later CLI on QS1, 6 months later another CLI on QS1 and I called and got it upgraded to a regular QS, 2 months after that I apped and got approved for the Venture. 

Since getting it I used that QS1 as my main card running $2500-$4000 through it and paid in full every month.

That seems to be key in getting luv from Cap One.

Message 13 of 14
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Sounds like you have an excellent relationship with Cap 1. Glad they're growing with you. My NFCU cards get most of my love 2-3k monthly  and pretty much PIF monthly as well.  I'm gonna give Cap 1 one more try.  Gonna run $600 through it monthly (being as though my limit is $300) and PIF. I'm going on a cruise soon ,so I'm running up my rewards on the barclay card currently Smiley Happy

REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.