Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step in HIPPA process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step in HIPPA process

Hi Everyone - I am working on my letters today and want to be sure I understand fully what's next.

I have two paid medical collections, both with CA's. I sent the pre-HIPPA letter to the three CRA's, and all reported back as verified, but I did not receive any additional info. Nothing from the CA's.

As I understand the process, my next step is to use the Alternative DV Letter  to each CA, separate letter for each CRA, check account no., and send CMRR. Am I missing anything? I have spoken with each of these agencies, and I'm a little nervous, even though it makes sense that that the CA's don't have a right to my confidential info since the collections are paid.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next step in HIPPA process

No your next step is to send the OC letter with the payment. Make sure that you put the OC as the payee and use the restrictive endoresment!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&thread.id=27524&jump=true

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.