Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step w/First Premier Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step w/First Premier Bank

Hello all ~

I am hoping for some good advice on what my next step should be with First Premier Bankcard.

Details:

Acct opened 2006

Charged off in later 2008

Account balance $289.33

I sent a GW letter (by email) to about a dozen email addresses that I received from a member of this forum.  I offered to pay in full if they deleted the bad information from my report.  Unfortunately, the letter that I received back said "We do not change accurate information and we do not remove negative information from a credit report in exchange for payment."

We had some very traumatic things happen in our family during this time.  I tried explaining it in the letter and was very friendly and apologetic.  This was my first attempt at a GW letter and I'm a little bummed out.  Smiley Sad I was hoping for good news.  What should I do next?  Should I just pay it and be done?  Should I send more GW letters?  If so, how often do I send them and do I adjust the letter?  Any suggestions on where to send them?

We are wanting to buy a home, but I need to get my score up before we can.

Thank you for any and all advice. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RocketChick
New Contributor

Re: Next step w/First Premier Bank

It can be dissappointing, esp one your first attempt Smiley Sad But from what Ive learned from the forum, you may have to send multiple letters.  You never know one of them may reach the right person one day!

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received another email this morning that simply said "Once your account is paid in full, it will report to all 4 major Consumer Reporting Agencies as "Paid in Full/Charged Off."  Signed by"Mod Cut"  I don't think this will help me, will it?

The email yesterday was a full letter (on letterhead) attached to the email.  It was signed by "Mod Cut"

If I keep sending letters, do I change them up?  How often should I send?  Should I send via snail mail now?

Please help.

Hi Momma3,  Just so you know, posting full names are not allowed. Lightnin, myFICO Mod

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Send both.   All you have to do is catch the right person at the right time.  It could happen.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.