Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next steps

tag
vikingpride01
Valued Member

Next steps

I am currently rebuilding my credit ands thanks to the forum have been very lucky getting accts deleted. So i have been housing hunting and finally found a home that i want to purchase.  I am looking for either fha/usda loans.  My credit scores right now are in the low 600s. My questions is what can i do to get a quick boost in my credit score. All my accts are current but currently still have 3 baddies left. Heres an overview of my CR:

Baddies

US Dept of Edu--just sent to collections

Verizon--charge off for $814; set to fall off 4/2015

car loan - current, bal 5,012

personal loan-current bal 1,312

personal loan - current, bal 1,369

credit one- 380/900

cap 1- 369/750----1 late reporting for 5/2013

cap 1- 68/500

first premier- 326/700

burkes-68/250

goodys-216/600

This is an overview of whats listed in my report. I have tried disputing the verizon acct but they wont budge. I have asked for pfd, they refused. I dont know what to do. Also with my student loans in collections now will this stop me from getting approved thry fha/usda????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next steps

Not sure if you can get approved for a mortgage with that SL in collections.  GW the Cap 1 late.  Also, your CC UTL is way too high.  Get one TL down to 1-10% and the rest down to zero.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be a jerk, but if you can afford a house why do you have a SL in collections?

Message 3 of 6
vikingpride01
Valued Member

Actually, I was paying on my student loans,  fell on hard times after a job loss, taking care of 2 sick parents that I was unable to make my payments. No I am on my feet again i can now afford to pay my students loans and buy a home.

Message 4 of 6
vikingpride01
Valued Member

Thanks, I figured the student loans in collections would be my downfall. Im in repayment agreement now.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I didn't realize you had a repayment agreement.  You should try to get the collection reclassfied from a collection to pays as agreed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.