Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu credit card or secured cc?

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

Nfcu credit card or secured cc?

Hello all! I just join nfcu and with a eq credit score of 584 Ex of 620, not sure of TU.  I was wondering if anyone had any luck getting approve for their cc with that score? Or should I just try for the secured cc. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lemers718
Established Member

Re: Nfcu credit card or secured cc?

I just got approved today for 5K @ 11% . Eq-595 TU 626

Message 2 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@lemers718 wrote:

@I just got approved today for 5K @ 11% . Eq-595 TU 626

Nice approval! 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Rein wrote:

Hello all! I just join nfcu and with a eq credit score of 584 Ex of 620, not sure of TU.  I was wondering if anyone had any luck getting approve for their cc with that score? Or should I just try for the secured cc. Thank you! 

U could certainly be approved for an unsecured. I received a $6K CC from NFCU in 12/11 with scores lower than urs. I was a member for 3-4 years before that though, but never used any of their products.

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
lemers718
Established Member

I know-Shocked me. I have heard great things about them I now am a true believer.

Message 5 of 7
Rein
Regular Contributor

Wow! I am super excited! Thx you guys! 

Message 6 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I started out with a secured $500 card, then on a whim, pulled the trigger on the unsecured a couple of months later (Dec 6, 2012) on the unsecured card and woke up the next morning with my approval for cash rewards with a $3k limit. They pulled a 595 EQ at the time of the application.

I did do something different however. After I applied for it I sent them a message concerning the unsecured application:

"Please consider this application. I have been working very hard at cleaning my credit up and have managed to gain almost 100 points from September to November. This would greatly aid me and families ability to purchase a house in a few years and we plan to use NFCU for our lender. If the initial limit is small, that would be ok as I am trying to establish a positive payment history before our mortgage in 2015. Thanks xxxx"

I'd like to think that it helped. I did after all, get the card.

Smiley Happy

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.