Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu denial = bankruptcy

tag
darrin073
Contributor

Nfcu denial = bankruptcy

I have a secured card with them. Paid off 2 secured loans as well ex score they pulled is fico 9 658. I dont understand
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nfcu denial = bankruptcy

@darrin073 wrote:
I have a secured card with them. Paid off 2 secured loans as well ex score they pulled is fico 9 658. I dont understand

How long ago were you discharged?

Do you have any unsecured cards?

Message 2 of 10
darrin073
Contributor

Almost a year discharge was december 2016.i have cap1 300.00 credit one 450.00 nfcu secured 500.00 and kay jewerly 1500.00
Message 3 of 10
darrin073
Contributor

Penfed odloc 500.00
Message 4 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Typically they want to see 1 yr post discharge for unsecured credit cards

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 10
darrin073
Contributor

Oh k dec this year will be 1 year post bk
Message 6 of 10
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Please be sure to call them and ask to speak to someone about a reconsideration.   Then point out what you have done to rebuild and why you are a good risk now.   You may still get rejected but you have probably a 50-50 chance if you ask them to reconsider.   If you don't ask them, you have a 100% chance of denial and you wasted a hard pull.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 10
darrin073
Contributor

Got all comenity iib off . Just have Walmart Amazon jcpenny Verizon target tax lien left n bk
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of recently, they put out new guidlines that say you have to be discharged 1 year before you can be approved for unsecured anything.  That bit me a week ago.  Thanks Navy, hope you enjoyed pulling my report for nothing.

Message 9 of 10
darrin073
Contributor

So u have to be 1 yr post bk . They could of told me that instead of pulling my fking credit lol. Alot of people on here n creditboards been giving wrong information thanks man
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.