dbslove
Contributor

Re: Nice Increase

Thanks hopefull
Message 12 of 20
dbslove
Contributor

According to FP they report thr first Monday after the second Saturday, which was true for me because I paid 2/21
Message 13 of 20
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@TSB71 wrote:

Yes, did you deal with FIrst Premier direct or a CA?   Also, I was curious if I do pay a charged off account (some are due to fall off  a year from now....does it reset the date?  I have been afraid to pay anything because the time is almost up.   I would prefer it to show a zero balance but not at the risk of living another 7 years with it.

Hi TSB71,  

When paying a CA, it doesnt living on your CR for another 7 years.

CRTP (credit reporting time period) is the length of time an item reports on a CR.
Most negatives stay on a CR for 7yrs, CA's and CO's (charge offs)stay up to 7.5 yrs, Starting from the DoFD from the OC account.

Paid collections hurt as much as an unpaid collection. FICO scoring doesnt factor in balances.

I hope this helps,if you have any more questions about this.......ask awaySmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 14 of 20
lesse
Frequent Contributor

In this case it helps because fp reports bal as past due and It plays into utilization which was hurting me BAD!!! Per myfico stimulator by paying fp I would get a 20 -60 score boost Smiley Wink hope this is true ! I just paid them off last week and waiting update !!! Anxious !
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 20
TSB71
Established Member

My problem is I have some things that should show up as collections but appear as open accounts in the case of ca's. I just don't want to reset any clocks. Thank you all for the feedback.

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 20
Bigdaddy69
New Contributor

Re: Nice Increase: 1st Premier

I to have 1st premier charge off dating back to 2009 for $450.00

I thought paying off the CO would cause my score to go down /or not change at all; therefore, why pay off.

Is that not the case? So your saying if I settle the account my score will jump up?

Message 17 of 20
ryox03
Regular Contributor

If the OC is still reporting a balance, then it should give a little boost. It also depends on how old it is. If it is a collections account on your report but the OC isn't listed, I don't believe it will help. This was my recent experience at least.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 18 of 20
Bigdaddy69
New Contributor

Interesting

Message 19 of 20
dbslove
Contributor

In my case there wasn't an outside referral. Fortunately, my account had never left FP so I didn't run a risk of the CA reporting only battle I have had is the OC (FP)
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.