Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice PenFed Surprise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice PenFed Surprise

@Anonymous wrote:

To apply for multiple cards/products with one pull ,  can that be done online or do you have to call them ? This post has reminded me that PenFed was one of the Banks I wanted to check out . Any idea if their CL are on the low side , or pretty much standard ?  .

I just applied online today and got approved for 2  cards-The Promise and the Platinum Rewards today $3.5k and $5k respectively, but my scores are no where near yours, so you have potential for higher limits.

Message 11 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To apply for multiple cards/products with one pull ,  can that be done online or do you have to call them ? This post has reminded me that PenFed was one of the Banks I wanted to check out . Any idea if their CL are on the low side , or pretty much standard ?  .

Judging by your scores they would be very generous to you. Join online and app all products online. They gave me $18k and my scores are no way near yours.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are now Ex 796 Eq 781 . TU just screwed up and deleted a Positve Line after I disputed balance . You can see what happened in my other posts . Unless they fix it fast I think I'll have to freeze TU . TU had a score of 780 . No inq , baddies , etc , pos history going back 25 years on all CRA except TU which is 12 years . I've had a banking relationship with US Bank for maybe 7 years . Weakness is only two open accounts . One a secured loan of $500 . 7 months old , other is I am an authorized user on US Bank card CL $13500 .  Really thinking about PenFed now. . Anyone know who they pull in California ?

Thanks again !!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied online today and got approved for 2  cards-The Promise and the Platinum Rewards today $3.5k and $5k respectively, but my scores are no where near yours, so you have potential for higher limits.

BG63, how long have you been rebuilding? When did you start? Very impressed with your numbers in your sig

Message 14 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are now Ex 796 Eq 781 . TU just screwed up and deleted a Positve Line after I disputed balance . You can see what happened in my other posts . Unless they fix it fast I think I'll have to freeze TU . TU had a score of 780 . No inq , baddies , etc , pos history going back 25 years on all CRA except TU which is 12 years . I've had a banking relationship with US Bank for maybe 7 years . Weakness is only two open accounts . One a secured loan of $500 . 7 months old , other is I am an authorized user on US Bank card CL $13500 .  Really thinking about PenFed now. . Anyone know who they pull in California ?

Thanks again !!

They pull EQ exclusively! 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it an instant approval , or do they do a manual review ? Very helpful info thanks !

Message 16 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it an instant approval , or do they do a manual review ? Very helpful info thanks !

My membership and credit card approvals were instant. I would say cc approvals are 50/50. Hard to say. But, I do believe you will be very pleased if you decide to join. They are one of the best CUs in the country!

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I woke up this morning I had no idea I'd probably be applying with PENFED in a few days , even though they were in the back of my head . Thanks again , this is a great site , everyone seems to be pulling for everyone else !

Message 18 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I woke up this morning I had no idea I'd probably be applying with PENFED in a few days , even though they were in the back of my head . Thanks again , this is a great site , everyone seems to be pulling for everyone else !

You are exactly right! We are all here to learn from and help one another! Good luck with Penfed! I'm sure you will do great! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.