Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice Surprise!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Surprise!

Woke up to two alerts from MyFico. 2 collection accounts were deleted yielding a 14 pt increase! WHOOHOOO!!! 10 more are due to fall off anytime! COME ON CREDIT SCORE!!! I am trying to get as high as possible to get a new car loan at a good interest rate (already got approved 2 months ago- but I do not want a 17% interest rate!). 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice Surprise!

Way to go! Did the alert let you know an account dropped off?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it alerted me that I had a new collection but my score increase 14 pts. So I checked the "new" collection and saw it was 2 of the 15 collections that I PFD. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job, 2 down is always a good thing.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good job, 2 down is always a good thing.

Now to wait for the other 13 to come off Smiley Very Happy Any day now!

Message 5 of 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

For the ones that are almost to come off, request an early exclusion and get them off quicker!

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Whitneyy wrote:

Congrats!

For the ones that are almost to come off, request an early exclusion and get them off quicker!

Good luck!

They are not about to fall off- but I got PFD. I paid- waiting for the delete Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.......Thanks for sharing :-)

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your On Your Way !! Great Job Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Excellent. I love those notifications. Cangrats on your progress !   In Sept I PFD Midland CA for $145 ( wife account )  and they initially told me that they would delete on Oct 1st when they updated their accounts.  The next day It showed PAID on CR but it was still reporting as a collection acount. Called back to remind them of the PFD agreement and it was finally deleted yesterday. I did ask for a PFD letter to be mailed which I never receieved.  No matter, I paid and its gone !   Another one to check off the list Smiley Very Happy

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.