cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice little message from EQ this morning !

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Nice little message from EQ this morning !

Finally DELETED my , 6 yr old +, pd,  Judgement I had disputed ! Only baddie I had across the boards !

Raised my score nearly 50 points !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice little message from EQ this morning !

Awesome congratulations
Message 2 of 5
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Good for you. My saga continues but may be near an end this go-round. I will post new full thread to show all info once complete.

Short version is that Fed Lien was self expiring under IRC 6325(a) and underlings at Equifax refused to understand what was in front of them. I have had days and days of being on the phone with them and being told a bunch of incorrect information.

Finally got to a person and office that can actually do something, at least that is what they just told me ten minutes ago (10/24/2016).

If you are getting the run around on a tax lien, particularly Federal Tax Lien that is self-expiring and has NOT been refiled before the expiration date, then it MUST drop off your report.

That IRC is found here

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6325

The IRS manual says that

"

5.12.8.2.1  (10-14-2013)
General Overview

1. The statutory lien arises with a taxpayer's failure to pay their tax liability after demand. If no lien notice is filed, the duration of the statutory lien is dependent solely on whether the statute to collect the tax liability remains open. <br>

2. Once a lien notice is filed, the statutory lien has a certain dependence on the notice. While it remains true that the statutory lien is always extinguished when the liability is satisfied or the period to collect expires, the statutory lien can also be released through the self-releasing language on the NFTL. The self-releasing language can be triggered even if the collection period has been extended or suspended. <br>

3. The reason for the self-releasing statement is to ensure that the law is met which requires a notification to creditors that the notice is no longer valid because the statutory lien has been released. IRC 6325 requires the Service to issue a release of lien not later than 30 days after the day on which the liability for the amount assessed has become legally unenforceable (or when such liability has been fully paid). When the Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED) expires, the liability becomes legally unenforceable. Since a release statement must be made within 30 days of the tax liability becoming unenforceable, Form 668(Y)(c) is specifically designed to contain a trigger for the self-releasing statement and the trigger coincides with original CSED. This saves the Service from having to devote resources to manually releasing liens and lien notices when the CSED expires. <br>

4. The trigger on the notice is found in column "e" . The last day for refiling ("refile by" date) is the date in column "e" of the NFTL."

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part5/irm_05-012-008.html

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the delete and the large bump in your score! They were definitely a tough one to break through on.

Message 4 of 5
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on the delete and the large bump in your score! They were definitely a tough one to break through on.

Yes, they definitely a tough one ! 

Wouldn't even update my paid PR that had been paid 8 months ago to paid or satisfied!  

Thanks, all...wishing everyone else luck with them ! ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.