Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice to not feel so alone in this!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to not feel so alone in this!!

been reading some of the stories here and its good to see people making progress!!  like most i made crap decision in my 20s and now im paying for it.  ive successfully paid 22 things off my credit report attempting to get a mortgage.  monday i pay off my last 2 things.    my Score 8 are Equifax 564 Trans Union 592 Experian569  a mortgage lender ran my scores and they are using the "old scores" and in the old scores i need a 620 to be approved. the scores he pulled where a 584, 606, and a 625 i dont have any credit cards (dont really like them) but i have a auto loan that ive never missed a payment on.  i make close to 50K a year. so my debt to income ration is pretty good lol.  i just hope after paying off these last 2  things my score will jump enough points.  or is getting a CC the only way...  thanks a ton!  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice to not feel so alone in this!!

@Anonymous wrote:

been reading some of the stories here and its good to see people making progress!!  like most i made crap decision in my 20s and now im paying for it.  ive successfully paid 22 things off my credit report attempting to get a mortgage.  monday i pay off my last 2 things.    my Score 8 are Equifax 564 Trans Union 592 Experian569  a mortgage lender ran my scores and they are using the "old scores" and in the old scores i need a 620 to be approved. the scores he pulled where a 584, 606, and a 625 i dont have any credit cards (dont really like them) but i have a auto loan that ive never missed a payment on.  i make close to 50K a year. so my debt to income ration is pretty good lol.  i just hope after paying off these last 2  things my score will jump enough points.  or is getting a CC the only way...  thanks a ton!  

Welcome and good the forum help.  Congrats on the hard work in getting your credit on the right track as it is not an easy task.  Congrats on the mortage process also and we hope you stay around...

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success and welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You might want to consider getting a few cards.  3-4 cards are ideal for pushing FICO scores one being a store card.  Cap1 and your local credit unions would be a good start.  Having an auto loan would also help, but may not be the best option if you are looking to buy a house soon. 

No cc's are not the only option, but a good option.  They can be a powerful tool if used responsiblly. 

If you have absolutely 0 negatives in your history than the only way to raise your scores is to obtain more credit and making payments on time and keeping UTI low.  This shows creditors you are responsible.   

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.