Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare with Sync bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nightmare with Sync bank

The accounts I have with sync bank are my own, and yes I did default on them, however getting anywhere with them is a nightmare.

I had a card with paypal, walmart, amazon, and QVC, all serviced by sync bank.

They EACH have thier own support department, and I am baffled as to why there isn't a main HQ I can contact to adress issues with all 4 cards, rather than contacting each card's department seperately. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Nightmare with Sync bank

Tough lesson learned....Dont default.  Good for you though trying to get them straightened out.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I called every one of them, some have been C/O to a collection agency, some are just sitting on their "in house collections".

Does it ever do any good to send a DV letter to the OC?

Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I hope you are able to get this worked out OP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called all 4.

One has already been sent to an outside collections. I sent them a DV letter.

The other 3 gave me the same address for disputes, but it is a po box and I have a feeling it could take months that route.

Would I have better luck disputing with the original creditors, or wait until it goes to outside collections?

Message 5 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

I called all 4.

One has already been sent to an outside collections. I sent them a DV letter.

The other 3 gave me the same address for disputes, but it is a po box and I have a feeling it could take months that route.

Would I have better luck disputing with the original creditors, or wait until it goes to outside collections?

What are you disputing?   Is the debt not yours?   I think you want to try to "pay for delete" if that's possible with GE/Synch.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, my lawyer told me to send a letter for validation of debt BEFORE asking for a pay for deletion.

Message 7 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Your lawyer is wrong. For his a$%!! You would send a DV letter to a collector that has taken over authority from an  original creditor. You don't send a DV letter to the ORIGINAL creditor. 

There nothing to dispute, you said the debts are yours. Do, what exactly are you disputing?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.