Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nightmare...

I had to turn in a security clearance package and it came back under review. My commander gave me a list of things that have to be taken care of (paid) in the next 4 months. As long as they are paid I should be fine for clearance, but I want to buy a home so I was trying to do PFD's, but now my hands are tied because I could lose my job. The following accounts were already paid by the time the package came back:

Midland Credit- settled for 3,500 original creditor CitiBank Associates for 4,800 (after TONS of extra fees added on). They wouldn't agree to PFD and this was a must to pay for clearance. I am trying to GW them, but I fear this will haunt me. Has anyone EVER got a GW out of them?

Vanguard- medical collection that agreed to PFD, off all credit reports!!

Verizon Nth- 1 pd and 1 unpaid collection ($244) they sent back letter validating debt and will not agree to PFD. Has anyone had luck GW'ing them?

Progressive Insurance- Paid even though company admits fault in poor communication since they allowed me to open new policy without telling me I had a previous balance. The company will not remove tradeline, but offered reduced payment for their mistake. I paid in full and am now GWing them too.

I also have student loan lates, but they have been current for awhile. I can't seem to get Access or US Dept. of Education to remove lates.

Does anyone have any advice on any of these accounts? I think I will be ok for clearance if I just pay Verizon now, but for the house I need to have some of these baddies removed.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.