Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan PFD letter response. What next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nissan PFD letter response. What next?

I had an Infiniti reposessed in 2011.  It's outside the SOL in California.  The c/o amount is $4,764.

Last month, I sent a PFD letter to Nissan Motor Acceptance offering $1,000 for full deletion.  Here was their response (in short -- half off and only settled in full, which I won't accept).  They last reported April 30, 2016.

PFD Letter - Click to view

What is the consensus on the optimal next step?  I'd like to call them and let them know that I'm willing to wait this out if they don't agree to deletion as part of any payment.  Is there any reason why I shouldn't do that?

I'm prepared to pay around $2,000 toward this debt at this point.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nissan PFD letter response. What next?

If you have decided that you will only pay $2000 and only if they accept a PFD, then simply decline their couter-offer and repeat your offer.

Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. It appears though, initially, that they do not want to go that route. In fact, even their settlement price is more then what you are willing to pay. This may take some work to get accomplished,

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I have been reading these boards daily for three years and I have never seen a major lender agree to a PFD.  The only ones I've seen are collection agencies and they typically won't put it in writing but will honor their verbal agreement.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah the PFD is likely not going to work here.  but, I'm going to give it a shot.  at least perhaps I can wrange a PIF and just move the **bleep** on.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.