Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DOFD listed on CR's

tag
gidget
New Contributor

No DOFD listed on CR's

A JDB with a bad rep has recently listed a negative TL on 2 of my CR's. They list is as date opened 6/08 and date reported 7/08. Is "date opened" when they purchased it or are they attempting to re-age? Thanks.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No DOFD listed on CR's

A negative TL or a collection, there is a difference? Call the CRAs to find the DOFD. When a CA reports date opened this does not mean it has been re-aged.
Message 2 of 6
gidget
New Contributor

@fused wrote:
A negative TL or a collection, there is a difference? Call the CRAs to find the DOFD. When a CA reports date opened this does not mean it has been re-aged.

Oh, yes it is listed as a collection. Thank you I will search the forums for the phone numbers to the CRA's.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where are you pulling your reports from? If you get them directly from the CRA, then it should list either DOFD or "Estimated date of removal".

If you haven't already gotten your free annual reports, I would do that.

Otherwise, you can try one of the ways below.

If you have a report number from EX, you can try going to their website and accessing an updated copy. Some have used the same report number for a year or better.

For TU, you can receive a free report by going here, you don't actually have to request an investigation to get the free report.

If you've been denied credit within the last 60 days, or other circumstances apply, you may be entitled to a free report under the FACT ACT.

To receive your free reports go to EX, TU, or EQ websites.

When you request a copy directly from the CRA, it is not just a credit "report", it is a full credit file disclosure. Much more detailed information.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where are you pulling your reports from? If you get them directly from the CRA, then it should list either DOFD or "Estimated date of removal".

I have a report directly from Experian, from this June. It doesn't list either of that information for my paid collection. Has there been a change, or is something wrong with my report?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a report directly from Experian, from this June. It doesn't list either of that information for my paid collection. Has there been a change, or is something wrong with my report?

No change. Just making sure it was a report directly from the CRA and not a 3rd party.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.