Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DV response with Judgement

tag
methorian
Valued Member

No DV response with Judgement

Hey Guys - Just wanting some advise... Midland got ahold of an Asset Acceptance account of mine back in January. Asset had/has a judgement agaisnt me for the debt. I had been making monthly payments to Asset. Once I get the letter from Midland saying that they now had the account I sent a DV letter. I went through a fiasco, and still am, with Midland (they applied the DV letter to a different account), but I was able to confirm that they were in possession of the letter on the correct account. 

Now I'm just getting kind of worried. It's been almost two months and I haven't heard back. They called my employer the other day wanting verification of employment (legal, I know), but it worries me that they may be attempting some sort of action agaisnt me. If they'd just validate the debt, I'd make payment arrangements, but I haven't because of the DV letter (even the person I spoke with said she couldn't discuss the account because of the DV letter). Should I be worried? Do DV letters hold the debt collection bar even if the account has a judgement?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Season79
Contributor

Re: No DV response with Judgement

Hi there!! Any updates on your judgement issues??

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.