Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dice with Experian or Equifax

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

No Dice with Experian or Equifax

Called Experian for early exclusion of student loan lates and to see if I could get my last judgement excluded, NO was the answer, found out that my student loan lates will come off in August, and he said that I could try again to get my judgement removed in August, originally filed in 11/2006. So maybe by August I will have a clean slate with Experian. 

I can't wait, it is always my lowest score.

Equifax has the same judgement, which should come off around 10/1/2016 with them and a paid tax lien which I was told wouldn't fall off till 7/2017  it was filed on 8/2007, but because I couldn't get it paid off for a while  (was a large sum) it wasn't paid until 2012 and they say it falls off either 7 years from the date paid or when it is 10 years from filing date whichever is sooner.   ugh!!!!!  Equifax hates me!!!

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: No Dice with Experian or Equifax

Judgements fall off 7 years from filing date.. Is it paid? 

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Judgements fall off 7 years from filing date.. Is it paid? 

Yes the Judgement and lien are pain, the judgement was filed 11/2009 so it should fall off 11/2016 but the experian superviser said to call back in August and he would see what he could do, so about 3 mo early.

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Keep calling them back.  If the CSR says no, ask for a supervisor.  

I don't have anything due to drop off for many years, but I have read others' reports of calling back until they get a yes, just by finding the right person (or perhaps the person who doesn't know they shouldn't do it!).

It is like doing a recon on a decline. Don't take no for an answer.   And keep trying every week.  

Message 4 of 8
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

I don't have anything due to drop off for many years, but I have read others' reports of calling back until they get a yes, just by finding the right person (or perhaps the person who doesn't know they shouldn't do it!).

It is like doing a recon on a decline. Don't take no for an answer.   And keep trying every week.  

Yesterday when I called, I spoke to the supervisor, he is the one that said that it couldn't be removed according to the machine???? He said that it wouldn't allow him to remove my judgement. I will call again next week, and keep badgering until they remove. I know equifax won't remove, you can request until your blue in the face and they won't remove earlier than 1 mo in advance. 

I won't give up!

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EE for TU can typically be done 6 months prior. EX 3 months prior. EQ falls off about 1 month prior. You can call EQ till your fingers are sore but it's pretty well known they won't budge.something along the lines of their system will not allow it to happen. Of course as with many things, YMMV.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@traveler2005 wrote:

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Yesterday when I called, I spoke to the supervisor, he is the one that said that it couldn't be removed according to the machine???? He said that it wouldn't allow him to remove my judgement. I will call again next week, and keep badgering until they remove. I know equifax won't remove, you can request until your blue in the face and they won't remove earlier than 1 mo in advance. 

I won't give up!

This is a timely post! I just bumped my own thread asking about EE of Judgements on EX and EQ. I'm starting to wonder if Judgement removal is different from colleciton and late removal for EX. I had an EX  supervisor tell me they don't do it for judgements after being on hold for 8 minutes. But it sounds like you actually got ahold of one who will. Btw, My judgement is set to fall of April 16th and my last call was around January 8th, I think. I'm going to call back tomorrow.  If I wasn't trying to get myself lined up with the best mortgage rates I'd just let them fall of naturally but EX would be my middle score.

Message 7 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

You can also do the online dispute as "obsolete."   That may be a second way to attack it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.