Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dice....

tag
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

No Dice....

I have been sending good will letters to Synchrony Bank since January 2018 and gotten nothing but denial letters in return. I even tried the saturation method and recieved several denial letters in the mail on the same day. I reached out to Capital One and initially they agreed to remove lates off my report and was told to wait up too 30 days... A month later...they're backpedaling. I talked with an executive who told me he would try his best, but something in his tone was telling me different. I know when I talk to him on Monday there will be some "we are reporting accurately BS and we don't do goodwill adjustments."

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No Dice....

I don't have much experience with this, but just wanted to encourage you to keep trying. Have all the accounts you're asking for goodwill on been paid? Maybe a silly question, sorry. But keep at it. They are not obligated to do anything, but if you keep trying they might eventually respond positively. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

Yes, they've been paid. Thanks for the goodvibes.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago were the lates? Maybe you just need to build up a longer history of on time payments before they feel like being nice. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but you've got a long way to go with Synchrony.  If you've read my Saturation Technique thread, you'll find that it took me nearly a year to achieve GW on one of my Synchrony accounts and probably 100-150 letters.  You're 2 months in, so definitely don't get discouraged yet.  On my Synchrony account that wasn't too dirty (30 and 60 day lates) it only took me 3-4 months to get a favorable response, but my filthy one that was 120+ days late took a lot longer.  How dirty is your account?

Message 5 of 8
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

OP, don't take this the wrong way, but you've got a long way to go with Synchrony.  If you've read my Saturation Technique thread, you'll find that it took me nearly a year to achieve GW on one of my Synchrony accounts and probably 100-150 letters.  You're 2 months in, so definitely don't get discouraged yet.  On my Synchrony account that wasn't too dirty (30 and 60 day lates) it only took me 3-4 months to get a favorable response, but my filthy one that was 120+ days late took a lot longer.  How dirty is your account?

Thanks for the motivation! I have 3 charged off accounts with Synchrony Bank.

Message 6 of 8
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

4 months ago. Maybe you are right.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah those are major derogs, so plan on it taking quite a bit longer.  Keep your eye on the prize though and be persistent.  You'll get there.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.