Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Increase in Score?

tag
mlibby
Regular Contributor

Re: No Increase in Score?

Got to ask because reading this and kinda in the same boat. But i got all my co and outdated info removed. so nothing negative from my credit report besides bankruptcy and a tax lein thats pd from 2011. I currently have 8 credit cards almost all paid off (used them christmas shopping) all under 3 months old. i would like to keep using but pif each month to get higher dl.

5 are ge backed cards

1 capital one

1 credit one

1 tires plus

1 target

just paid off 600 and some on them, my credit utl is overall under 19%

How would you suggest using them. so there is activity on them to get a cli @ 6months and best credit score results

Message 11 of 12
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: No Increase in Score?

@mlibby wrote:

Got to ask because reading this and kinda in the same boat. But i got all my co and outdated info removed. so nothing negative from my credit report besides bankruptcy and a tax lein thats pd from 2011. I currently have 8 credit cards almost all paid off (used them christmas shopping) all under 3 months old. i would like to keep using but pif each month to get higher dl.

5 are ge backed cards

1 capital one

1 credit one

1 tires plus

1 target

just paid off 600 and some on them, my credit utl is overall under 19%

@how would you suggest using them. so there is activity on them to get a cli @ 6months and best credit score results

The Cap1 is probably going to be the easiest to get a CLI on. Pay at least twice the minimum payment. You can request a CLI every month until you do get a CLI, then you'll have to wait 6 months before you can try again. I think they want to see that you can afford to pay larger payments.

Store CCs generally do auto-CLIs with good payments and use. My fiancée's JCP CC she's had since 2008 started at $600 and is at $3,000 now, but she's never requested a CLI and we only shop there two or three times a year. (It's an hour and half away from us. When we go to town, we go to town.) We have always carried a balance on it, but have usually gotten the balance down really low. She's never really paid more than the minimum consistently, but would every now and then when funds were available.

The same story goes for her Belk's, Dillard's, and Victoria Secret CCs. They've all started at lower balances, but have increased on their own. They haven't grown by leaps and bounds, but have grown incrementally over time.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.