Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Luck With Discover Backdoor Number

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

No Luck With Discover Backdoor Number

I decided to apply for a DIscover IT card today and was denied (wasnt to surprised).  I have a chap 7 from 2011 but haven't had a late payement or anything negative since getting discharged.  I called the backdoor number for Discover, and it seems that everybody else on here has some magical words.  I asked if she could review my application because I was declined on the computer.  She said I had a BK and was declined....but I can now get a Transunion Report (great).  I bought a vehicle just months out of BK, I opened a Barclays Credit card with a $1300 CL, and a BBMC with a $500 CL.  Just seems that I'm stuck, and cant do anymore.  Aside from paying bills on time and in full this seems a bit hopeless. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonnamus

Re: No Luck With Discover Backdoor Number

I just applied and was declined. Smiley Sad What was the back door number you called?
Message 2 of 7
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Discover is on a roll today... 1 (888) 676-3695
Message 3 of 7
Anonnamus

Thank you for the number! It was a no go for me, too. My intention of gardening lasted like two entire weeks.
Message 4 of 7
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Im gardening now and paying everything in cash.  I'm a bit burned out on worrying about my credit score.  It sure is easy to make it go down but any effort to increase it seems to be a waste of time and effort.  As of now, my mission of credit score repair is over.

Message 5 of 7
blondy250
Established Contributor

Endless, paying everything in cash is not going to help. Use the CC you have for your monthly expenses and PIF every month. STOP applying for new credit, and wait after a year or more of a positive account you'll see an improvement. Then ask for a CLI, and/or apply for a new CC, and repeat the previous steps, getting your score up doesn't happen over night.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 6 of 7
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I realize it doesn't happen over night, I've seen that first hand the last 2 years.  I've been using the card I have, paying in full or carrying 100-150 balance into the next month.  I applied for the Discover IT card because I figured after 2 years of paying on time, etc I could get one even with a small limit.  Its discouraging to follow all the rules and see little to no change, but the second you slip up (like in my past) your scorned for life.  Just not worth worrying about anymore.  Thanks though blondy.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.