Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No PFD

Hi All!

So I am working with Partners Federal Credit Union and told them I would pay off a small debt $200 for a PFD (See the detail below). They came back to me and said that they were unwilling to do a PFD but are willing mark it as "Paid but Charged Off".

Like the rest of us, money is tight for me right now.

My question is do I pay it off ior just let it stay on my report. Will I get any bump in my score for paying it off?

Thanks as always for the great community at myFico!

PARTNERS FCU

Old - 07/06/2011 New - 07/11/2011 Comparison

Account No.:

Condition:

Derogatory Derogatory

Balance:

$109 $109

Type:

Deposit related Deposit related

Pay Status:

Collection/Chargeoff Collection/Chargeoff

Past Due:

$0 $0

High Balance:

$3,000 $3,000

Terms:

--- ---

Limit:

$0 $0

Payment:

$0 $0

Opened:

09/28/2007 09/28/2007

Reported:

06/30/2011 06/30/2011

Responsibility:

Individual Individual

Remarks:

Charged off as bad debt

Profit and loss write-off

Charged off as bad debt

Profit and loss write-off

Late Payments (last 7 years):

30 Days Late: 0 0

60 Days Late: 0 0

90 Days Late: 0 0

Two-Year payment history:

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE ANYONE!!--SHOULD I LET IT BE

llecs

Can you take a look at my post regarding PFD?

And provide some advice?

Thanks!

Johnny

Message 2 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No PFD

Hi Johnny-Credit...I split off your post and merged it over here to keep the other thread on-topic.

If paid, I don't foresee any increase. Installment TLs play a tiny part into scoring with regards to installment util. There's always a chance that having another TL at $0 might help, but YMMV.

A paid charge off is equally as bad as an unpaid one, so an update of the status won't help

I personally would mail another PFD. I'd use the address(es) on my CR(s). I would not call or rely on e-mail. Partner's FCU is a larger CU. I'd try any other address they might have. I'm not familiar with them, but if I couldn't find one success and if they said "no" at least once per address, then I'd guess I'd pay them. I'd pay them because 1) I owed it and 2) because I would be trying to prevent a CA from reporting which could make things worse. After it read $0 on my CRs, then I'd kick start the GWs.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Partners CU the Disney Credit Union - I have had no luck

What is a YMMV?

The lady I spoke to is in charge of the lending unit. She said the has never heard of a PFD. Which I know is a lie.

For $185 I thought about sending the letter to the President of Partners or hiring an attorney.

Any advice?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For $185 I thought about sending the letter to the President of Partners or hiring an attorney.

Any advice?

Sending a PFD letter (along with the money) to the CEO of the collection agency is EXACTLY what worked for us to get a deletion.  It was a man and, we asked him in our letter to personally handle the matter saying it would be a win/win situation for both of us since his company was getting the money and we would get the deletion of the derogatory info off our account.  We got a very nice letter from him saying that he had handled the matter personally, himself, and indeed notification would go to all 3 Credit Reporting Agencies to make the deletion. 

Give it a try, it worked for us!

Message 5 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is Partners CU the Disney Credit Union - I have had no luck

What is a YMMV?

The lady I spoke to is in charge of the lending unit. She said the has never heard of a PFD. Which I know is a lie.

Any advice?

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary.

Here is a list of Abbreviations.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

ere is a list of

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Marine!

IIces and Marine, do you think I should just save my money and not accept the offer to pay it off? It would remain on my credit report for another 4 years.

Thanks!

Johnny

Message 7 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd try PFDing some more, but after 2-3 tries using different addresses and/or contacts, then I'd PIF and GW later.

Their offer doesn't mean anything at all. They have to mark it as a paid CO once you pay it anyway.

Message 8 of 11
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Just something to think about..... you may want to call them back and ask for a Supervisor or Manager.... something almost exactly the same happened to me with the whole "we never do that " approach... I had called 2x and got the same response, then right before I was going to cave and pay the amount with a "paid collection" comment, I called the third time and asked for a supervisor.... ten minutes later I received a WRITTEN AGREEMENT for PTD via fax. Paid it with an overnighted M.O. (as I was NOT going to give a CA my CC# over the phone) and 11 days later it was gone from ALL 3 bureaus. It cant hurt to keep trying, at this point you kinda have the advantage... YOU have what THEY want... $$$ YMMV

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 9 of 11
guydiver
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd try PFDing some more, but after 2-3 tries using different addresses and/or contacts, then I'd PIF and GW later.

Their offer doesn't mean anything at all. They have to mark it as a paid CO once you pay it anyway.

+1

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.