cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response from DV, should I dispute through CRA?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No Response from DV, should I dispute through CRA?

@700orbust wrote:

Maybe I'm getting my abbreviations mixed up.

A junk debt collection agency, Federal Credit Corp, lists a 120+ late account on my EQ, but for TU and EX is listing a Collection. The original creditor, nTelos, is no where to be found (haven't heard from them since I closed the account years ago).

If CO is 'charge off' and not 'collection', then I apologize. I think thats what I'm confusing you over.

A CA cannot collect on a late payment because that is associated with an OC account. You might have something there to dispute.

ETA: Late payments drop off 7 years from each individual date of delinquency which means July or August of this year as mauve said.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 21 of 27
mauve
Valued Contributor

They can report the worst delinquency that the OC had before it went to collections, though, MVV. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 27
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mauve wrote:

They can report the worst delinquency that the OC had before it went to collections, though, MVV. 

True but they can't collect on it.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 23 of 27
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

This has been a very interesting and fun (perhaps not for you OP  Smiley Happy  ) discussion.

The bottom line is I personally would not do anything else about this. Just let everything age off. But that's just me. I've made plenty of mistakes in the past and letting this die a natural death might be a mistake but that would be my strategy going forward.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 24 of 27
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I have wondered why it wasn't listed as a collection on my EQ, but it is on TU and EX. Also, myFICO calls it a "recent collection", which I believe is hurting my score worse. I don't understand why it isn't a collection across all three. I wouldn't be surprised if the 120+ late account is hurting my EQ score worse than if it were a collection.

Listed under "Closed Accounts" on my EQ direct pull (annualcreditreport.com)

FEDERAL CREDIT CORP

PO Box 599 Colleyville, TX-760340599 (888) 507-5070

Account Number: NTELOS CO-XXXXXXXXX

Account Owner: Individual Account.

Type of Account : Open

High Credit: $237

Date Opened: 06/2010

Date Reported: 12/2010

Balance: $325

Amount Past Due: $325

Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: 07/2010

Months Reviewed: 5

Creditor Classification: Financial

Activity Description: N/A

Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt buyer)

Date of First Delinquency: 07/2004

Comments: Collection account

And for comparison, the TU direct pull:

FEDERAL CREDIT CORP #DXXXXXX****

2825 EXCHANGE BLVD STE 101 SOUTHLAKE , TX 76092-9152 (888) 507-5070

Balance: $325 Date Updated: 12/2010 Original Balance: $237 Original Creditor: 12 NTELOS COMMUNICATIONS Past Due: >$325<

Pay Status: >Collection Account< Account Type: Open Account Responsibility: Individual

Loan Type: Factoring Company Account Remark: >Placed for collection< Date placed for collection: [ 06/2010] Estimated date that this item will be removed: 06/2011

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 25 of 27
mauve
Valued Contributor

If you have decided to dispute, read this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

I would make sure to point out that you didn't receive Dunning notice within 5 days of them posting to your credit reports, and that you DVd within 30 days of discovering them on your report and that they have failed to respond. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 27
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

So an update, I never heard back from them, but they have stopped updating the account (just says status as of jan 11 across reports)

I don't know how to take that.

I need to get an equity line, and my local bank as well as NFCU pull EQ. I am tempted to dispute at this point...but its supposed to fall off in july...

Falls off in april from EX...

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.