Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Response to BBB Complaint

tag
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

No Response to BBB Complaint

I have a collection company that is showing up on one credit bureau report.  I have a sent a DV to them a few months back and I received no response.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB and received a notification today stating that they have not responded.  I dont know what to do now.  I want this off of my report.  It says that its a medical collection from last year but I dont have any bills due.  I have disputed the account online and Im awaiting the response.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mt2va
Established Contributor

Re: No Response to BBB Complaint

I probably won't be much help but wanted to say I didn't have any luck with the BBB for any that I took to them.  It was for some type of catlog sales that I never did and the companies themselves were unable to provider me any proof I ordered these items.  They just said it was delivered to my address.  The BBB did nothing. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DV process is provided under the FDCPA as a debt collection practices procedure enabling a consumer to obtain cessation of collection by a debt until until such time as they have bben provided requested validation of the debt, and then only if sent either prior to or within 30 days of receipt of dunning notice.

It has no period for response, and is unrelated to deletion of prior credit reporting.  Violation of the FDCPA occurs only if the debt collector continues active collection without having provided the requested debt verification/validation.

Thus, a a preliminary issue, it is unclear as to the basis for a complaint to the BBB or a dispute under the FCRA based on lack of response to a DV.

Message 3 of 4
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

Now, Im not sure what to do.  They are a local company.  I have called several times with no answer.  I have also disputed with Transunion so we shall see what happens.

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.