Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No card options... FRUSTRATED!

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

No card options... FRUSTRATED!

My wife and I just discharged chapter 7 on 3/13/2013.

I went through and disputed and made sure all our accounts were reporting iib and all disputes for both of us are completed.

Following the advice on here we Tryed apping for capitol one to start rebuilding and my wife got approved (even burned them in bk) and I did not. She got approved for an unsecured card too.

I have Tryed credit one, fingerhut , getington and cap one and still nobody will approve me.

How am I going to start to get positive credit reporting if I can't get anything? Anyone have any ideas here? I'm at wits end
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: No card options... FRUSTRATED!

@reno55 wrote:
My wife and I just discharged chapter 7 on 3/13/2013.

I went through and disputed and made sure all our accounts were reporting iib and all disputes for both of us are completed.

Following the advice on here we Tryed apping for capitol one to start rebuilding and my wife got approved (even burned them in bk) and I did not. She got approved for an unsecured card too.

I have Tryed credit one, fingerhut , getington and cap one and still nobody will approve me.

How am I going to start to get positive credit reporting if I can't get anything? Anyone have any ideas here? I'm at wits end

Hi reno, welcome to the forums, I would suggest opening a secured card and let it age for atlease a yr. 

Message 2 of 29
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Did you try for an unsecured or secured through Cap 1?  Maybe research a BK friendly credit union. 

Message 3 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

I've even struggled getting one of those
Message 4 of 29
DaBears
Senior Contributor

As stated above call a local credit union as inquire about a secured card. Never hurts to ask.

Message 5 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

I Tryed both with capitol one..... And all of the credit unions around me are not bk friendly
Message 6 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

Hence my utter frustration
Message 7 of 29
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Ask your wife to add you a AU on her unsecured card. Do that for 6-12 months make sure no late payments!!!

Message 8 of 29
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Are you in Nevada?

I heard One Nevada CU is bk-friendly for secured cards.

Message 9 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

Nope in ohio
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.