Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No card options... FRUSTRATED!

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: No card options... FRUSTRATED!

try first premier bank? they've been good for me so far. also all comenity backed store cards (look up "shopping card trick" in these forums), also Macy's and Bloomingdales. these all approved me when no one else would.
Message 11 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

@dabears do you think that will help? We habe a good plan on her card to get some positive trading going
Message 12 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

I've Tryed shopping card trick to no avail and I burned first premier in bk. I have not Tryed macys
Message 13 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

I burned comenity victorias secret in bk
Message 14 of 29
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Are the addresses on your reports correct? I have read if they arent correct that the shopping cart trick wont work. Maybe you can even find a credit union online that isnt in your local area that you can still qualify for. Any military background?

Message 15 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

No military background and now cap one told me they can't see my file due to fraud alert but it's removed from eq and tu still getting ex to remove it from theirs
Message 16 of 29
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@reno55 wrote:
@DaBears do you think that will help? We habe a good plan on her card to get some positive trading going

It will definately help. just make sure their is no lates!!!!!

Message 17 of 29
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

try OPEN SKY SECURED CARD there is no credit check and they report to 3 agencies,

also first progress car is nice too

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 29
mojobones89
Contributor

@reno55 wrote:
My wife and I just discharged chapter 7 on 3/13/2013.

I went through and disputed and made sure all our accounts were reporting iib and all disputes for both of us are completed.

Following the advice on here we Tryed apping for capitol one to start rebuilding and my wife got approved (even burned them in bk) and I did not. She got approved for an unsecured card too.

I have Tryed credit one, fingerhut , getington and cap one and still nobody will approve me.

How am I going to start to get positive credit reporting if I can't get anything? Anyone have any ideas here? I'm at wits end

you have to remember of what is on your credit report and what bureau they are pulling,maybe your wife can add you as a AU on her Capitalone Card.
try orchardbank,first premier or even a secured cc.

check the reasons why you are getting declined and work on them.

applying for all those and a chapter 7 may not be helping your situation.

wait a bit before applying and adding all those HP's which are hurting your scores and also hurting your chances of getting approved for a cc.

Message 19 of 29
lesse
Frequent Contributor

I had a c/o recently with FP and i settled with them and was approved another card not even a month later.. im not sure if i will accept it though still debating.. i also got credit one and a NFCU secured cc. Macys is pretty forgiving.. i was also denied by cap one secured and unsecured so dont feel bad.. even boa ive been with for 5 years with direct deposit denied me a secured card Smiley Sad

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.