cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No card options... FRUSTRATED!

tag
Rambler88

Re: No card options... FRUSTRATED!

I have an individual that helped me with my Credit score as 16 months ago it was 488 and now it is 718 and i have two Credit cards from Navy Federal $7500 both, Captial one $750 and$500. I started with Orchard Bank whom Capital owns now and that card is $400. It cost me $600 but 90% of my derogatory credit was removed and in 5 months my score went up alil over 100. If you can or have any Family members with Navy Federal, they are pretty good and laxed in extending credit. even secured..

Message 21 of 29
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have not filed bk, but a close friend did.  After one year, she was approved for Target for $200 limit (in store). 

If you're trying the shopping cart trick, make sure you're opted-in.

Open a secured card, let it report for one year, no lates. 

Find someone to add you as an AU, no lates.

Don't app with a company you've burned. 

If you PAY First Premier, maybe they will re-issue your card?  Smiley Happy

NFCU is bk friendly...any way you can get in with them? 

Message 22 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

Finally got approved for cap one unsecured with $300 CL. Probably best to garden it until after the credit steps cli right?
Message 23 of 29
Cageym
Established Contributor

@reno55 wrote:
Finally got approved for cap one unsecured with $300 CL. Probably best to garden it until after the credit steps cli right?

Probably would be best to garden, you are in full rebuilding mode now and it takes time. And as you noticed can be just a bit frustrating.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 24 of 29
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

how did you end up getting approved ... im curious because im in the same situation my credit isnt bad nor have i files BK but they still wont approve me for what reason is beyond my concern they just say insuffient history which why does my history matter with a secured...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 25 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

Well once my fraud alerts were taken off I got approved no problem for an unsecured.

AFAIK history matters with secured still as it effects their outlook on whether you will pay or not
Message 26 of 29
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

You may want to try for a Walmart card as well. they approved me with similar scores to yours. Good luck.

Message 27 of 29
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Target will prob approve when bk is about 6 months behind u.

Message 28 of 29
reno55
Regular Contributor

So probably we just focus on perfect payment history on these two for about 6 months or 7 months or so and not apply for ANYTHING until then huh?
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.