Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No change on CR for 2 straight months

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

No change on CR for 2 straight months

My BK7 was discharged Dec 2014 and my Care Credit card for $500 limit wasn't included as it had a zero balance and never used it as of yet, then 3 months after BK I was approved for $600 limit with Credit one, seen my score jumped 27 pts on one bureau and 17 and 12 on the others. It's been August since last change of score and since then (1.5 mos ago) I've added myself as an AU on my spouses Cap1 card with a $2250 limit.  I follow the steps <10% util on one card and put something on the other card but when statement cuts I PIF so that only 1 of those 2 cards has a small balance that's <10% of limit, MyFico sends emails that say reports are all clear this week and nothing in 2 mos.  Wouldn't a score increase by me be adding to a card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No change on CR for 2 straight months

@gsully00 wrote:

My BK7 was discharged Dec 2014 and my Care Credit card for $500 limit wasn't included as it had a zero balance and never used it as of yet, then 3 months after BK I was approved for $600 limit with Credit one, seen my score jumped 27 pts on one bureau and 17 and 12 on the others. It's been August since last change of score and since then (1.5 mos ago) I've added myself as an AU on my spouses Cap1 card with a $2250 limit.  I follow the steps <10% util on one card and put something on the other card but when statement cuts I PIF so that only 1 of those 2 cards has a small balance that's <10% of limit, MyFico sends emails that say reports are all clear this week and nothing in 2 mos.  Wouldn't a score increase by me be adding to a card?

Cap One is not the fastest company on earth when it comes to reporting new accounts - I would assume they are just as slow reporting AU accounts as well. My newest cap one account was opened August 26, and just showed up on my reports yesterday. Expect the AU status to hit sometime after the second statement following you initial addition to the account.

What are you scores? Have you applied with Cap One yourself?

Message 2 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Sorry for the copy and paste but don't know how to put my score on my profile from MYFico

598Fair

FICO® Score 8 based on Equifax data as of 9/12/2015

616Fair

FICO® Score 8 based on TransUnion data as of 10/1/2015

553Poor

FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data as of 07/16/2015

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

Sorry for the copy and paste but don't know how to put my score on my profile from MYFico

598Fair

FICO® Score 8 based on Equifax data as of 9/12/2015

616Fair

FICO® Score 8 based on TransUnion data as of 10/1/2015

553Poor

FICO® Score 8 based on Experian data as of 07/16/2015

Your scores are good enough to apply.

Message 4 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Equifax changed 3 days ago to a 641 and Experian is still the same, decided to look into Cap1 pre qual site again but this time it showed 2 Venture cards a QS card and the basic platinum.  I didn't want to get greedy so I apped for the QS and was approved for a 3k CL, read the forums about apping for a second card right away and went for the Venture card_ WOW! Approved for a 10k CL @ 17.9 % AF waived first year and $59 AF thereafter, I'm on cloud nine and no longer gardening.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.