Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit score change!!?

tag
dpage
Contributor

No credit score change!!?

Hello all!

I just received my dispute results on my TU report.  I had 2 judgments that were saying unpaid now it states paid/satisfied and I had 3 collection accounts that were deleted that did not belong to me. I also had 3 negative outdated accounts that were also deleted. My question is why didn't my score change at all?? It is still exactly the same as it was before I disputed the information. Any insight???

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: No credit score change!!?

@dpage wrote:

Hello all!

I just received my dispute results on my TU report.  I had 2 judgments that were saying unpaid now it states paid/satisfied and I had 3 collection accounts that were deleted that did not belong to me. I also had 3 negative outdated accounts that were also deleted. My question is why didn't my score change at all?? It is still exactly the same as it was before I disputed the information. Any insight???

Paid and or unpaid judgements and or collections have no impact on FICO scoring. The Judgement and or Collection is what impacts the score. Having several Judgements and Collections on a report can have adverse reactions for negative scoring but at some point they have a limit on how many will impact your score for scoring purposes.

This is the same as when having a good positive CR. When you apply for credit you get INQ's but after so many INQ's they no longer have an impact on your score since you are already penalized the maximum for scoring purposes. 

While you had several Collections removed, the presence of a few Judgements are what is keeping your score down with-out any changes.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
dpage
Contributor

mkRe: No credit score change!!?

Thanks, that ,akes since...

Proud home owner

Message 3 of 5
dpage
Contributor

At the moment, I only have two open accounts on my credit report which is an auto loan and a credit card with a $375.00 dollar limit and a 0 balance. I also have 2 student loans which arre in deferred status right now. I'm wondering should I try to get another credit card to have more available credit to help boost my score or just keep things the way they are? I don't want to be loose too many points applying for new credit but I'm wondering will it help in the long run? any insight from anyone would be much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Proud home owner

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JM-AM wrote:

Paid and or unpaid judgements and or collections have no impact on FICO scoring. The Judgement and or Collection is what impacts the score. Having several Judgements and Collections on a report can have adverse reactions for negative scoring but at some point they have a limit on how many will impact your score for scoring purposes.

This is the same as when having a good positive CR. When you apply for credit you get INQ's but after so many INQ's they no longer have an impact on your score since you are already penalized the maximum for scoring purposes. 

While you had several Collections removed, the presence of a few Judgements are what is keeping your score down with-out any changes.

I'm not entirely sure about this. According to What's In Your Score your payment history consists of:

• Account payment information on specific types of accounts (credit cards, retail accounts, installment loans, finance company accounts, mortgage, etc.)
  • Presence of adverse public records (bankruptcy, judgements, suits, liens, wage attachments, etc.), collection items, and/or delinquency (past due items)
  • Severity of delinquency (how long past due)
  • Amount past due on delinquent accounts or collection items
  • Time since (recency of) past due items (delinquency), adverse public records (if any), or collection items (if any)
  • Number of past due items on file
  • Number of accounts paid as agreed

I might be reading this wrong but I can't find where there comes a point when scoring stops taking into account how many negaive items of any type are on a report.

I'm not saying you're incorrect but I just don't know.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.