Valued Member
Zingy

No equifax report number, dispute woes

I have a fico of a 626.  equifax is reporting I have a Credit One bank card which has no history of it's a $250 line of credit. I closed it the day it opened because it was useless to me. equifax says I have cards with too low line of credit, i assume this Ian what it references.  I bought equifax report online, and when I to file an online dispute, it failed saying it could "not honor my request with th. Information I provided." Which was identical to the information on my report.  I called equifax and they told me I may need to mail my report and dispute. They asked for the report number which is not present anywhere on my report. the agent had me on hold a few reser and in the end resent my report to my email.  This new report, contained no report number.

essentailly, I don't know what to do, how I can dispute it.

MYFICO Quarterly: 2/13-626, 5/13-621, 8/13-647, 11/13-721
Goal=
garden to 06/14, more garden until 7-15
Shogun

Re: No equifax report number, dispute woes

Don't dispute it.  It's just sitting there adding to your AAoA.  It's not a negative account.  That advice you received about the low limits is a FAKO thing.  If you were to remove that account, if it has any age on it adding to your AAoA, you would actually see a drop in score.

FICO scores a $100 CL the same as a $10K CL.  It's the util that would matter and since this would have a $0 balance, it would not come into play.

So, leave the account alone!  :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+