Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fall off dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No fall off dates

Hi all

Some items on my cr do not show "fall off dates".  Should i dispute this as innaccurate information? Is it also possible to argue that the account is older and should not be on my cr any longer?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No fall off dates

What are these items? Be more specific.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of america credit card, only date i see is first reported which is 2005

Two HSBC Bank Cards, i think its orchard and household.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have some accounts on my reports that don't show fall off dates too.

Experian doesn't show fall off dates for my Capital One CO, but shows it for the Midland collection.  These should be the same dates.

However, my Compass bank auto loan CO doesn't show a date.  I'm guessing when it will fall off because it's on my other two for 7/15 and 9/15 it has already fallen off of TU (the 7.15 date)

EQ doesn't show fall off dates for the Capital One or the Midland collections.  I know they are all falling off soon.

Do you have copies directly from the CRAs or are you looking at MyFico or CK...one of the sites?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC reporting? Are they showing as Charged Off?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They say closed, written off.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a payment history showing the late payments?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the same boat on some accounts. They don't show a DoFD or a falloff date (on reports directly from the bureaus). No payment history to reference, either. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have noticed that. From what I can tell, the entity TL that's currently collecting is what displays the fall-off date. However, sometimes an OC has assigned / sold the debt to a CA and that TL reports and then falls off leaving an orphaned TL with no DOFD showing. I don't understand why DOFD isn't always shown, since transferring debt, presumably, doesn't change that.

Rest assured though, the bureaus most often still have the correct DOFD on file internally and will, regardless, still delete the derogatory TL in a timely fashion.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.