Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more charge offs, No score bump???

tag
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

No more charge offs, No score bump???

Just wondering folks' experience with this... my husband had a CO with GECRB that aged off this month- we called EX and had them remove it manually instead of waiting until the end of the month to see if it happened "on its own".  It was removed from his report this morning, but there was no change in score at all (we use freecreditreport(dot)com to monitor EX).  I am surprised because I always thought having a CO you were "dirty bucketed" and scores could only go so high until you are CO free... but not one single point.  All he has remaining on his report is a never late car loan, a current student loan (lots of lates though, last 30 late was 5 months ago... ugh) and ONE collection which we obtained a PFD for and should be gone this week, maybe early next.  Any thoughts why he is stalled?  You think maybe the removal of the last collection will help significantly?

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No more charge offs, No score bump???

@lmfields84 wrote:

Just wondering folks' experience with this... my husband had a CO with GECRB that aged off this month- we called EX and had them remove it manually instead of waiting until the end of the month to see if it happened "on its own".  It was removed from his report this morning, but there was no change in score at all (we use freecreditreport(dot)com to monitor EX).  I am surprised because I always thought having a CO you were "dirty bucketed" and scores could only go so high until you are CO free... but not one single point.  All he has remaining on his report is a never late car loan, a current student loan (lots of lates though, last 30 late was 5 months ago... ugh) and ONE collection which we obtained a PFD for and should be gone this week, maybe early next.  Any thoughts why he is stalled?  You think maybe the removal of the last collection will help significantly?

One must first realize that the score you are looking at is a FAKO and as such is invalid and most likely does not follow the rules of FICO, your FICO likely picked up a few points for the deletion and you would not have been rebucketed with a CA still reporting. Grats to the CO & pending CA deletions Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

So you do think the CA reporting made the removal of the CO null and void?  Geez... oh well, we shall see in a couple days (hopefully) because the PFD company told me 3-5 business days and today is the 5th day.  Crossing my fingers!  Thanks for your reply!

In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@lmfields84 wrote:

So you do think the CA reporting made the removal of the CO null and void?  Geez... oh well, we shall see in a couple days (hopefully) because the PFD company told me 3-5 business days and today is the 5th day.  Crossing my fingers!  Thanks for your reply!

No, i did not mean to convey that the CO removal was null and void, it is factual but it did not (most likely) change the bucket you are in since a CA is still reporting.

Message 4 of 5
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

I knew what you meant... in terms of "rebucketing" that is.  We have always been in this "dirty bucket" so it will be interesting to see what happens once we are cleaned up completely.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.