Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new accounts

tag
MePlusThree
Established Member

No new accounts

I just realized, after being on here and reading a million posts that I haven't opened a credit account in about 3 years. I know 'new credit' is factored in but what do the big 3 could as 'new'? I have ok scores for my situation but would like to pump and prime them as much as possible before October when I should qualify for a loan again. My oldest account is about 7 years old since I'm still rather young...

FAKOS: TU 663 EX 668 EQ 685
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MePlusThree
Established Member

Re: No new accounts

Yep, just posted this under the wife's account lol

Message 2 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Anything that you would open after the last 3 would be considered new.  So, if you opened something today, that would be new.

Are the ones you do have opened revolving?  If so, how is your utilization?

Any COs or collections on your report.

Message 3 of 11
MePlusThree
Established Member

All CC accounts are revolving, as well as LOC. I just paid down all cards to 9% from 30%, just waiting for it to report. There's two collections on the account. One I'm about to dispute for an ATT account that states I opened it last year (haha, loyal Sprint customer) and a $38 paid medical collection from 2007. I'm going to dispute ATT, GW medical.

Message 4 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You do not want ANY disputes on your CR during a mortgage application process.  It is a show stopper and they do not allow anything to be in dispute.

Message 5 of 11
MePlusThree
Established Member

So even if I don't know it I might be better off PFD even if I don't know of the account...

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Who is reporting, the OC or CA?

Have you contacted AT&T and ask them what they may have in your name?  Fraud is a possibility.  Or just a reporting error.

Message 7 of 11
MePlusThree
Established Member

CA, I have not contacted ATT, I am not sure how I'd go about that.

Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am going to suggest you do a direct dispute with the CA under FCRA 623(a)(8).  This puts the burden on them to investigate and correct/delete any errors.  They will have 30 days to complete the investigation and report directly to you.  If they do not, they are in violation of the FCRA and other avenues can be taken to get the TL removed, such as filing a complaint with the FTC.

Here is a template to use.  Leave the paragraphs that are bold black.  The one in red is because it is a CA reporting.  Make sure you include that blurb.  The rest of it is in blue and applies in general.  Be as detailed as possible and include identification etc. to back up your claim.

“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b)

“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:  (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under  that identifying account)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not  yours? etc.)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a  showing  that it appeared in your credit report)

Message 9 of 11
MePlusThree
Established Member

Hey I really appreciate that template. I'll go that route and see where we get. I guess if they 'confrim' the account then I'll run the PFD route. At least I have a few months to deal with it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.