Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notice from CA but on report - advice pls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No notice from CA but on report - advice pls

I have found two collections both medical on my report as follows but I haven't ever received a notice from the collection agency. I do believe one of them is mine because I have an invoice from the original creditor and the other probably is too because it is a medical bill and the family has had services (several) rendered by the hospital in the past BUT it could also be a duplicate. With that said, should I do a debt validation of some sort? If so, do you do that directly with the collection agency or do you do it through the credit reporting agency

1. $36 orginal bal $56 current bal - IC Systems
  2. $151 - FCS

Have any of you had luck removing doing a Pay for Delete with either of these two agencies or even any debt validation stories with either. Any advice you may provide is appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jd403
Regular Contributor

Re: No notice from CA but on report - advice pls

I have had very good luck with getting medical collections deleted in the last few weeks.  My advice would be to call them and tell them you want them deleted for payment.  I had mine off with 72 hours of paying.  Good luck!

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.