Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from Midland?

tag
ramrod
Established Member

No response from Midland?

I sent DV letter to Midland for a $1455 Collection from WalMart. First of all, I dispute this amount. I sent the letter certified mail on 2/18/14 and have not heard from them. What should I do next? Any sound advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

l

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bman1029
Established Member

Re: No response from Midland?

Took me filing complaints with the BBB and the Consumer Financial Protection Buruea for them to send me anything.  They claimed they sent verification numerous times. 

Message 2 of 8
ramrod
Established Member

Were you able to get them PFD? If so, how did you proceed?

Message 3 of 8
bman1029
Established Member

This just happened last week, so I havent formulated a plan. Yet.  They are the CA for two charge offs I have- Orchard Bank and Credit One Bank cards from a few years back.  I'm not sure what approach to take with them.  A home is in the near future plans, so I know I need to address the charge offs, but I am still a little unsure of how paying the CA helps with the charge off.  But thats my issue.

They did mention in their letter back that if I am ready to settle to contact them, and I may be eligable for a reduced settlement, etc, etc.   So a PFD try couldnt hurt.

Message 4 of 8
ramrod
Established Member

Thanks for the info. I am trying to buy a home myself and I would like to settle but not for the amount they are listing.

Message 5 of 8
Season79
Contributor

What is the DOFD?? this makes a difference in your next actions.. I am dealing with Midland too, i cant seem to get ANYWHERE with them... Good Luck!

Message 6 of 8
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Also if you settle for less that full...try to get an agreement from them not to report it as such. Try and have them report it paid in full. If this isupdating regularly on your report then iI don't think it would hurt you much if at all. The most hurt comes from when its NOT updating monthly because it makes it look recent to Fico when it does update. Good luck
Message 7 of 8
StaticRaven
Valued Member

For a collection, I don't think it matters if it's PIF vs. Settled. It's not going to change the score, and going for a mortgage it only matters that it was paid (so either settled or PIF will work).

Midland does not have to respond to a DV. No CA or OC does, they just can't continue collection efforts until they provide the DV.

If you dispute, did you dispute with the CRA? That's where your dispute needs to go, not to the CA. They're the ones who will force them to respond or remove it from your CR.

Also regarding the Charge off from the OC that got turned over to Midland (I think I interperted that post right), if you pay the CA (and get proof of payment) that will satisfy the lenders insofar as having charges offs paid off. If the account is still actually owned by the OC (and wasn't sold to Midland) then you can still possibly work with them and pay them directly, bypassing Midland, but that doesn't sound like it's the case.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.