cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to DV letter, I've been given so much different advice as to what my next step is

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No response to DV letter, I've been given so much different advice as to what my next step is

Do I or do I not submit a letter directly to the bureaus stating that the CA never responded? (I live in Texas and I know they have to respond) Or do I send a second DV letter??????  Anyone have a template for either of these ???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No response to DV letter, I've been given so much different advice as to what my next step is

@Anonymous wrote:

Do I or do I not submit a letter directly to the bureaus stating that the CA never responded? (I live in Texas and I know they have to respond) Or do I send a second DV letter??????  Anyone have a template for either of these ???

If you didnt use the TX Finance Code there is nothing you can do but send another DV request, they may never answer as it only holds force for the first 30 days that a CA receives a collection. If you used the TXFC and the item is still on your CRs past the 30 day period file a complaint with the TX AG office, They dont have to respond in TX but they do have to remove their entry on your CRs until such time as they do validate.

Message 2 of 4
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Re: No response to DV letter, I've been given so much different advice as to what my next step is

I sent two Texas DV letters to Midland Credit Managment and they sent back a letter stating the accounts will be listed as "disputed" on my CR but according to their "notes" the accounts are reported accurately. They failed to provide any of the information that I requested in my DV under the Texas Finance Code. I'm going to send another copy of my original letter and a copy of their reply and once again state that if they can not validate the debts before the original 30 days is up the accounts need to be removed or I will be contacting the Texas AG.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did cite the Texas Financial code. Should I complain to the OAG  if I've already sent a letter to Experian asking them to delete it??????

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.