Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to DV, should I DV again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No response to DV, should I DV again?

I need some advise.

I DV'd Afni. Inc a month ago. Today the 30 days are up. So far, during the 30 days DV, they verfied 3 times to the CRA. Still have not received ANYTHING from AFNI. Not even a collection notice, absolutly NOTHING. I filed a complaint with the BBB IL. They forwarded my complaint to AFNI and AFNI has to respond by the 11th of June. Should I hit Afni with a second DV or should I wait for the results from BBB? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No response to DV, should I DV again?

Guest1808 wrote:
I need some advise.

I DV'd Afni. Inc a month ago. Today the 30 days are up. So far, during the 30 days DV, they verfied 3 times to the CRA. Still have not received ANYTHING from AFNI. Not even a collection notice, absolutly NOTHING. I filed a complaint with the BBB IL. They forwarded my complaint to AFNI and AFNI has to respond by the 11th of June. Should I hit Afni with a second DV or should I wait for the results from BBB? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

AFNI has been a PITA for many!!

Here's a link to a copy of a follow up letter you can send them that Lady Scarlet posted. It has some good info in that thread as well.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stef37 Smiley Happy I will send the follow up today.
I really dont have time for their games as I am deploying soon.

Message Edited by Guest1808 on 05-29-2008 08:26 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do any or both of these:
Send the 2nd DV  CMRRR
Send this letter to the CRAs by fax or CMRRR  along with copy of the DV letter, cert.paper and GC
     OR  you can do both

Read and make any corrections needed   this only goes to the CRA

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip

TU/EX/EQ
Address
City, State Zip

DATE

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditor’s Name

Dear CRA:

This is a request for deletion of a disputed item. I have attempted to have this allleged debt
verified by the alleged creditor and collection agency to no avail. I am respectfully requesting that
"Collection Agency" do what is legally mandated by the FCRA and FDCPA, and delete the account listing.

Name of Creditor/Agency, Account #_________

On XX XX 08, "Collection Agency" received a demand for validation from me. Attached is a copy of that letter along with the U.S. Post Office return receipt showing they did indeed receive the request.

As of today, XX XX 2008, they have failed to provide any proof or respond in any way.
On XX XX 08, I sent a second letter. Again, I have received no response. Attached is a copy of the
letter and the U.S. Post Office showing they did receive that letter.

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced verification of the
alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes reporting to the credit bureaus, which
they obviously have done illegally. It is quite evident that no such proof of this alleged debt exists
or they would have provided it in the previous X months since it was requested.

Also, when an alleged debt is disputed, a notation must be entered on the debtors report showing the
item as in dispute. Again, this was not done. Another violation of the FDCPA. (DELETE THIS PARAGRAPH IF IT DOES NOT APPLY!!)

As per the FCRA, if no proof of debt exists, it may not be reported to the credit reporting bureaus.
The FCRA also states that the credit reporting agencies must accept written proof from the debtor.
Therefore, I am not asking for an investigation to be done, I am requesting that the entry be deleted
in its entirety as there is no proof of its existence as evidenced by my attached documented proof.
Sincerely,

Your Name

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happydays,

Thanks this letter is good. I can definatly use it. Thank again. Yopu guys are great
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.