Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to PFD. Next plan of attack

tag
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

No response to PFD. Next plan of attack

Two weeks ago I sent a PFD letter giving CMRE until today to postmark a response or I would send a full validation letter. This is after already sending them a letter 3 weeks ago that basically stated "expect this letter for a payment plan I propose because I did not agree to paying in full by the end of the month, like you tried to say." In my mind, they would have sent a letter in response to either one by now, but I will be waiting until Saturday for a reply. If no response then, I'll be sending out a DV Monday, but I would like some things cleared up if someone can help!

1. This debt has a DOFD of 9/2/2010. It is 3 years & 9 months old. It IS a medical debt, and I was told the SOL for med debt in WA is 3 years, but I also understood it before as being considered a "written contract", which is 6 years... So I'm not entirely sure I'm within the SOL or not. :/
  2. If I send a DV, what could happen? Is there anything I need to have in it in order to keep myself safe from the law or anything I should NOT have in it for the same reason?
  3. What are my other options? What else can I do to try and get this debt off my reports? If I get no response from the DV, what should my next action be? They sure did want me to pay before, but now it's being ignored, even though my payment plan would end in full payment, and I heard CMRE is open to deletions.

Any suggestions? Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: No response to PFD. Next plan of attack

Anyone? I really would like some input on this, please.

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If it is medical, then you would used that as your argument for SOL.  Your state is one of the few that have a specific medical SOL, the states that don't have one, it's generally considered a written contract.

Send the PFD again.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Thank you Shogun!!!

I CANNOT find anything specific on the matter online. Nothing that details medical debt as a specific statute, or that it is implied wholly as an oral or written contract. I see it both ways. Is it indeed three years? I literally have all the results in google showing purple used links because I've gone through everything I can find.

You are saying that I can use SOL as a defense in the case of a lawsuit, yes? Since they have not responded to my previous PFD, (and if I'm outside the SOL) should I try sending one for a lesser amount, like PIF at 50%?

Again, thank you, I was seriously racking my brain trying to figure this out. And with a kid due in a month or less, I cannot afford a lawsuit.

Cards I'm aiming to get:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.